chasmmi

The Super Duper Official BOT Top Movie Songs Countdown!

105th - 32 points (2 votes, 1 top 5)

Hang Me, Oh Hang me - Inside Llewyn Davis

I remember when this film was released! It was aiming for Oscar buzz if I remember rightly and didn't quite get it. This is however the first time that I have heard the song and well it's a nice acoustic song that is hard to judge without the wider context of the film. The film obviously has its fans here though as 3 other songs from the film received votes, albeit this was the highest scorer.

• Like 11

Newsflash! Two songs I know coming up!!!

=103rd - 32 points (3 votes, 1 top 10)

Mad World - Donnie Darko

Footloose - Footloose

Ah finally a proper movie song! Footloose is the first big name from the world of 80s dance movies that we will see in this list and isn't it so fun? I mean watch that scene and tell me the 80s wasn't a lot more awesome than we think of it being. And hey!" Kevin Bacon! Are we going to see footloose again? Who knows, maybe I will confuse it with another dance film :) 

As for Donnie Darko, that song is less fun. It somehow became Christmas number 1 in the UK one year which was bizarre as it just screams XMas time doesn't it? But it is infinitely more suited to its scene than to Christmas so that is good.

• Like 9

I was hoping for the Old School version but still...

102nd - 32 points (4 votes)

Sound of Silence - The Graduate

Simon and Garfunkel put together a great soundtrack to this film. And even if its kind of weird today seeing Dustin Hoffman in the role of sexy young piece of manmeat, it still doesn't make that history any less true.

It is again not much of a spoiler to say that we may return to this film again later in the list (although in the early going, this was actually the top voted Graduate song for a while), let's get right onto the cusp of the top 100 now with some Disney magic...

• Like 9

101st - 32 points (5 votes)

Prince Ali - Aladdin

well it's been about 15 songs since we had some Disney and it's a first entry for Aladdin (A film that may be a good bet for most songs on the list, but we shall see how that comes to pass later). It cannot be understated how much Robin Williams revolutionised Animated Voice acting. The man was a force of nature and for a man with the musical talent of a spoon to pull this off is just pretty damn awesome too.

Welcome to the List Aladdin.

• Like 13

And even if its kind of weird today seeing Dustin Hoffman in the role of sexy young piece of manmeat

:rofl:     Hoffman didn't even know why Nichols chose him but he was chosen for his awkward loser-ness, not his hotness.  Redford wanted the part but Nichols told him him he could never believably be a loser.

During filming, Life magazine visited the set and cruelly validated Hoffman’s self-loathing. “If
Dustin Hoffman’s face were his fortune, he’d be committed to a life of poverty,” Life said. “With a schnoz

that looks like a directional signal, skittish black-beady eyes and a raggedy hair-cap,  he stands a slight 5′ 6″,

weighs a mere 134 pounds and slouches like a puppet dangling from string.  All in all, he resembles a swarthy Pinocchio.”

http://www.amc.com/talk/2008/04/dustin-hoffman-the-graduate

Brutal.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

The List of Shame

At this 33% stage, I would just like to take a quick time out to showcase 10 songs that for me personally, deserved a much higher final finish that they got. Agree or disagree at your leisure :)

We'll do it in two posts of 5...

157th

159th

204th

474th

399th

• Like 8

The List of Shame continued

At this 33% stage, I would just like to take a quick time out to showcase 10 songs that for me personally, deserved a much higher final finish that they got. Agree or disagree at your leisure :)

324th

363rd

476th

437th

173rd :(  :(:( 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, chasmmi said:

The final song to not reach 30 points... 

122nd - 29 points (3 votes)

In Heaven - Eraserhead

Okay Xanadu, I apologise, all is forgiven because wtf in all that is holy was that?

I'm sorry I cannot add more to that but I need to move on people I just give up and begin sobbing in a corner somewhere.

It didn't even make the top 100?!

:ohmyzod: 

• Like 1

Damn, do I miss Howard Ashman. 

I wish they kept the intro verses:

Someone who tamed the Cyclops
Then fought forty thieves, single-hand
He’s richer than Croesus, he goes where he pleases 
(fantastic)
And this time he’s chosen your land
So here he is now with his band

This reminds me I also forgot to their Little Shop Of Horrors most notably Somewhere That's Green

Edited by TalismanRing

4 hours ago, chasmmi said:

The List of Shame continued

324th

363rd

476th

437th

173rd :(  :(:( 

What?! be prepared didn't make it either? <_<

• Like 3