chasmmi

The Super Duper Official BOT Top Movie Songs Countdown!

14 hours ago, chasmmi said:

96th - 34 points (4 votes)

Unchained Melody - Ghost

I will let you in on a little secret: Ghost was the first film ever to completely terrify me. When those demons drag people back to hell, it gave me nightmares. Anyway, Unchained Melody is a great song and you have got to allow it its place on the list. I would argue it should be a little higher but its still deserving none the less.

Anyhow, the clay industry should thank the righteous brothers for a boom in sales.  

I completely forgot about this song, it's lovely. I actually didn't see this movie until a couple years ago. and it is a pretty good movie. it's kind of ironic. it came out the year I was born and Demi Moore has the same birthday as I do.

• Like 2

94th - 36 points (2 votes, 2 top 10)

Deliver Us - Prince of Egypt

Well that was pretty epic wasn't it? I think the longest song so far on the list (at least in the form actually used during the film). I've already said that POE is an underrated animated gem so I do not wish to repeat myself. I will say that the film is worth checking out and the soundtrack is a big reason for that.  

• Like 5

93rd - 36 points (2 votes, 1 top 5)

I Need a Hero - Shrek 2

I am a huge fan of the first 2 Shreks. I think Shrek 2 is the best thing DreamWorks  have done not starring a panda. However I do also believe that one voter maybe got a little overzealous with that top 5 vote. However I also believe that the song is worthy of the bottom end of the list as it is impactful in the scene and is generally really well done. 

• Like 6

A double bill again:

=91st - 36 points (4 votes) 

Living in America - Rocky 4

Sixteen Going on Seventeen - Sound of Music

So I will confess that I love one of the above films and hate the other. Any guesses where I stand? :) 

Living in America was the moment it became clear that Rocky was now a 100 minute Boxing music video and it was still awesome. Who wouldn't want real boxing to be like that? On top of that we have the first appearance of Sound of Music (how many more will there be - Spoiler: At least one song got votes but did not make the final list)

There we have it, side by side we get one film famous for its songs and another from a franchise famous for its soundtracks. Really encaptures the two different philosophies that encompass voting for this list. 

• Like 6

90th - 36 points (4 votes, 1 top 10)

Nobody Does It Better - The Spy Who Loved Me

The Bond Themes return with another more somber theme. Mixed with some very stylish credit sequences, this is a bond tune that I did not think of when considering this list, but upon hearing it now I can see the appeal. It probably is top tier Bond Theme and that is echoed here as the number of Bonds left to reveal dwindles to less and less.

• Like 6

Actually screw what others think, I'm disappointed in you all for letting this end up so low.

89th - 36 Points (5 Votes)

What a Feeling - Flashdance

For Shame on you all! This is absolute 80s dance movie gold right here. Only one song I can think of right now tops this one in this genre and so I was hoping to see this make a run for top 20. It has so much energy, and the song - it's just so gloriously 80s. This song will be on every film soundtrack compilation CD that can afford to include it. 

9th or 89th, to me it is glorious and the definition of a song that should be on a list like this one. 

• Like 8

88th - 37 points (3 votes, 1 top 5)

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head - Spiderman 2

Remember when Spiderman was good? YEah it was so long ago wasn't it. But it was things like this that made it so. Tobey Maguire being the best Peter Parker and a song that epitomises what it must feeling like to have the weight of the universe on your shoulders one day, and cast it aside the next. It's a lovely scene in a great film.

• Like 9

Should this be higher also?

87th - 37 points (4 votes)

Danger Zone - Top Gun

Do you people not remember the 80s!!! (Checks the voter list... oh right. :P )

You have got to love TOp Gun right? And it had quite a soundtrack too didn't it? We may even get another addition from the film later. IF I was panda, this would be the point that I would give a breakdown of films by decade, but I don't want to do that. :)

All I want to add is that this is a great song from a great soundtrack that deserves to be here.  

• Like 5

Another Double Bill and the second use of spoiler tags (GOTG is just a little on the new side)

=85th - 38 points (3 votes)

WHoops! wrong film...

Spoiler

Hallelujah - Shrek

Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Guardians of the Galaxy

Two different films that in my opinion have some of the best uses of existing songs in otherwise new films. Shrek was a revelation when it came out and the Pop culture references may have aged it and the lesser 3rd and 4th installments sullied it, but the original is still a classic in my book and this scene is done so well in a film that was not expected to have such a sombre moment within it. True Hallelujah would make even a scene in Warcraft seem emotional, but this was still a great moment in a great film.

Guardians use of the mix tape was genius. Such a great touch in a film of great touches and I will leave you guessing whether we see the film show up again or not :D 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Hmm, I guess I need to see Flashdance now lol

Nah, just watch the YT videos of the dance numbers.  The movie is terrible

Watch Fame (1980) instead (not the remake)  And Remember My Name better be on this list

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chasmmi said:

And we will liekly be stopping there for today :)

This post will not get you any like from me ! Sorry man.

Also I just remembered a song that I should have voted for :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e79dan9Rf58

I somehow cannot embed it but check the link folks (and no it's not Never gonna give you up)

Edited by RascarCapat

Danger Zone this low?  WTF?

What a Feeling this low...WTF?

Living in America making it is great.

Number one is definitely going to be some stupid Disney song.