CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

5 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

The woke princess bit fell pretty flat, the product placement was over the top. Would've preferred clever imagery and plays on words instead of just slapping logos everywhere. Other than that it was a good looking and enticing trailer.

Not sure how I feel about them making all the princess Frozen-style. Would've been nice to see them stick to the original 2D artistic visions. I guess that's what happens when Frozen makes as much money as it did.

1528179451329.jpg

1528182504813.png

1528166361382.jpg

I like how so many people are calling this moment "Woke" when it's "standard fairytale twist from like the year 1999" where the woman saves everyone.

Merida is terrifying. Why didn't they just keep her (and Moana, frankly), the same? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Snowman said:

There is a movie about a cute bunny and a fox that teach us about stereotype and racism. So i trust Disney what they do with wreck it Ralph.

nd the way pocahontas hair floats in the non exist wind is just gorgeous

Bildergebnis für Ralph Breaks the Internet pocahontas hair

I loved that small detail! However, I also expected Pocahontas to be surrounded by the fall-colored leaves that usually floatd around her in her film.

5 minutes ago, StevenG said:

I loved that small detail! However, I also expected Pocahontas to be surrounded by the fall-colored leaves that usually floatd around her in her film.

It’s blink and miss but you can see Cinderella pluck a leaf out of her hair  

Edited by RRA

7 hours ago, AndyLL said:

Moderation:

A little late  (I'm in an ocean somewhere) but can we settle down a little?

How does an animated trailer get people banned? I sense an anti-disney bias inflaming the conversation 

In any case... personal attacks will not be tolerated. 

Clean it up.

If we treated forum members with valuations based on their on field performance (content/postings) we can liken the measurements to WAR.

Of which there are a greater and greater amount of members who just LOVES to start stupid arguments and spam the shit out of the threads. Lets call them below average value over replacement players (baVORP)

After reading the thread prior to the "argument with @empirecity" its clear to me that he didnt directly insult these (baVORP). Rather these (baVORP) added nothing to the discussion other than opinion pieces and incited arguments, hence their rating and classification.

In sum, theres evidence that Empirecity (high WAR++) was provoked and didnt directly insult the (baVORP) and might have been thrown out too early.

notes - I would consider myself borderline replacement level and maybe (baVORP) from previous warnings

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 4

9 hours ago, AndyLL said:

I sense an anti-disney bias inflaming the conversation.

I'm sorry, I know yesterday is done with, but I'm sick of hearing this. There was never any anti-Disney bias from me, That One Guy, or anyone. If people would've stopped getting so emotional and reactionary and go back and actually read our points, they would've seen that. I've been here for 6.5 years, no one knows me to be anti-Disney or anti-any studio, like others here. 

I am anti-Disney (or anybody) buying Fox, but I am not anti-Disney. I said loud and clear in one post that I just went to Disneyland literally 11 months ago in a Mickey Mouse shirt. I've applied for jobs with the WDC. Yet the constant replies after I say that is "nah you hate Disney!" 

People on this forum need to learn how to have a (normal) debate and read, instead of getting accusatory, rude, and bandwagoning each other. You had numerous people yesterday repeating the same "you just hate Disney" nonsense after I and others said time and time again that that wasn't the issue. That kind of toxic attitude around here needs to end.

I'm not going to be accused of being an inflammer or spammer by anyone here. Yall know that's not my personality.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, boxofficefreak said:

If we treated forum members with valuations based on their on field performance (content/postings) we can liken the measurements to WAR.

Of which there are a greater and greater amount of members who just LOVES to start stupid arguments and spam the shit out of the threads. Lets call them below average value over replacement players (baVORP)

After reading the thread prior to the "argument with @empirecity" its clear to me that he didnt directly insult these (baVORP). Rather these (baVORP) added nothing to the discussion other than opinion pieces and incited arguments, hence their rating and classification.

In sum, theres evidence that Empirecity (high WAR++) was provoked and didnt directly insult the (baVORP) and might have been thrown out too early.

notes - I would consider myself borderline replacement level and maybe (baVORP) from previous warnings

c8c5738a95e918a8b307d981a5e004d3.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I can guarantee you that EmpireCity was thrown out too late, if anything

I thought his posts in this thread were relatively mild compared to what he posted in the recent Weekend thread, where he appeared to be very spiteful and throwing temper tantrum.

We all have periods in life when anger management is needed. Hopefully one month of forced detachment from BOT will give him some time and space to calm down and be at peace.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

The woke princess bit fell pretty flat, the product placement was over the top. Would've preferred clever imagery and plays on words instead of just slapping logos everywhere. Other than that it was a good looking and enticing trailer.

Not sure how I feel about them making all the princess Frozen-style. Would've been nice to see them stick to the original 2D artistic visions. I guess that's what happens when Frozen makes as much money as it did.

1528179451329.jpg

1528182504813.png

1528166361382.jpg

They're not in "Frozen-style." As evidenced by the fact that Anna and Elsa both look quite different than normal. They're clearly in Wreck It Ralph style, look at Vanellope and you can see they tried to mirror that look with all of them. The big eyes particularly. Which is why I realized that Rapunzel looks the most like normal out of everyone, because she always had those huge eyes. 

It was a good choice, imo. Dropping all the CG animated models in, but then having to make new ones for the 2d ones would have made them stand out as looking odd. Keeping them in hand drawn 2d animation in  CG animated film would have really stood out as odd. And as others have mentioned it also allows them to dissociate them from the characters in the films, since they can play it up as these being the versions that exist in the fansite and avoid opening the can of worms of all the princesses actually knowing each other and being self aware they're Disney characters, etc. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jandrew said:

I'm sorry, I know yesterday is done with, but I'm sick of hearing this. There was never any anti-Disney bias from me, That One Guy, or anyone. If people would've stopped getting so emotional and reactionary and go back and actually read our points, they would've seen that. I've been here for 6.5 years, no one knows me to be anti-Disney or anti-any studio, like others here. 

I am anti-Disney (or anybody) buying Fox, but I am not anti-Disney. I said loud and clear in one post that I just went to Disneyland literally 11 months ago in a Mickey Mouse shirt. I've applied for jobs with the WDC. Yet the constant replies after I say that is "nah you hate Disney!" 

People on this forum need to learn how to have a (normal) debate and read, instead of getting accusatory, rude, and bandwagoning each other. You had numerous people yesterday repeating the same "you just hate Disney" nonsense after I and others said time and time again that that wasn't the issue. That kind of toxic attitude around here needs to end.

I'm not going to be accused of being an inflammer or spammer by anyone here. Yall know that's not my personality.

@Jandrew it may not be your personality, but after reading through last nights debacle... (both sides were wrong).... you could have just not responded anymore. I feel like there is a segment that like to provoke @EmpireCity because they like to see the flames and sadly, he doesn't have self control to stop himself.

However, going back to your reading / comprehending comment. Empire did try to tell you that (he having actually seen this stuff and not just talking out of his ass) there is much more to this than what the trailer implies.

I get your argument, and I will be waiting with eyebrow raised to see how Disney ends up justifying the princess gag in the film itself.

That being said, the trailer elicited a chuckle out of me, but no where close to the bunny gag from the first.

• ...wtf 1

28 minutes ago, narniadis said:

@Jandrew it may not be your personality, but after reading through last nights debacle... (both sides were wrong).... you could have just not responded anymore. I feel like there is a segment that like to provoke @EmpireCity because they like to see the flames and sadly, he doesn't have self control to stop himself.

However, going back to your reading / comprehending comment. Empire did try to tell you that (he having actually seen this stuff and not just talking out of his ass) there is much more to this than what the trailer implies.

I get your argument, and I will be waiting with eyebrow raised to see how Disney ends up justifying the princess gag in the film itself.

That being said, the trailer elicited a chuckle out of me, but no where close to the bunny gag from the first.

Hmm. So since everyone jumps on my back I should just bow out. I asked the same questions with other members in real life and we had a normal discussion, so it's a maturity issue here, not a Jandrew is provoking EC issue. I don't care if EC is an industry insider. What you just said has nothing to do with what I was talking about. My question was specifically clear and fair, and he never addressed it.

Yes this whole thing has left a sour taste in my mouth and I apologize for my part, I shouldn't spend energy debating about a princess. But don't act like I ever tried to purposely turn this thread into a mess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Hmm. So since everyone jumps on my back I should just bow out. I asked the same questions with other members in real life and we had a normal discussion, so it's a maturity issue here, not a Jandrew is provoking EC issue. I don't care if EC is an industry insider. What you just said has nothing to do with what I was talking about. My question was specifically clear and fair, and he never addressed it.

Yes this whole thing has left a sour taste in my mouth and I apologize for my part, I shouldn't spend energy debating about a princess. But don't act like I ever tried to purposely turn this thread into a mess.

Believe me, you weren't the issue. It is simply how he responds to people with a different opinion than his, and if it wasn't you or me or whoever, the emotional rampage would have happened again eventually. Glad the mods finally did something about it, but I'd be even more glad if we could all stop discussing it and get back to the topic at hand here. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

They're not in "Frozen-style." As evidenced by the fact that Anna and Elsa both look quite different than normal. They're clearly in Wreck It Ralph style, look at Vanellope and you can see they tried to mirror that look with all of them. The big eyes particularly. Which is why I realized that Rapunzel looks the most like normal out of everyone, because she always had those huge eyes. 

It was a good choice, imo. Dropping all the CG animated models in, but then having to make new ones for the 2d ones would have made them stand out as looking odd. Keeping them in hand drawn 2d animation in  CG animated film would have really stood out as odd. And as others have mentioned it also allows them to dissociate them from the characters in the films, since they can play it up as these being the versions that exist in the fansite and avoid opening the can of worms of all the princesses actually knowing each other and being self aware they're Disney characters, etc. 

Great points, especially about Anna and Elsa. I like your style, @MovieMan89.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1