Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

1 hour ago, Jim Shorts said:

I think Pets will be one of those movies where the teaser trailer will be way better than the actual movie itself.

From the new trailers, Pets is basically a copy of Toy Story 1&2 but with animals instead of toys. 

Yes because never in the history of film has one film copied another. :)  Reaction to pets in the markers it's been released in has been very good. 80 mill opening and a 4X

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Wow. Dory is down only 5.9% from last Monday. For comparison Cars 2 was down 23% from its previous Monday.

Cars 2 was horrible

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Yes because never in the history of film has one film copied another. :)  Reaction to pets in the markers it's been released in has been very good. 80 mill opening and a 4X

SLOP isn't getting a 4x :lol: 

• Like 3

Secret Life of Pets is a pretty crap film.

All of the laughs are in the marketing. All of them. 

Plus, the "what do our pets do when we're not at home" angle lasts about 15 minutes. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 2

I think there was a way to stretch that premise to feature length without forcing it into a generic comic adventure narrative. Maybe like a relationship comedy with pets where they sort of assume the roles of immature teenagers (since that's pretty much how they behave anyway) 

Edited by tribefan695

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Damn, you see a bigger multi than Zootopia with a bigger opening?

17 hours ago, UrosepsisFace said:

But they're in second and Revenant has made tons of cash. I think Fox will end up third when all is said and done, but I hope Miss. Peregrine breaks out.

Miss Peregrine looks good, but I don't think they will be able to open it to a good number. If it is a good movie and they start screening it early to get the buzz out like Kingsman or Maze Runner 1 then and maybe it gets a 30+ opening weekend alongwith solid legs to take it to 100 million domestic. Hopefully, 200+ overseas too. But i doubt it. Outside of Revenant and Deadpool, they have had a shitty year. And that won't change until Why Him?

My mother and stepfather saw Tarzan today and they thought it was great. 

He text me and was like,  "What the heck are the critics talking about. It was great!" Lol

We saw CI today and thought it was really fun. The Rock is awesome. 

• Like 2