CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

I think teenagers liking a movie during summer vacation matters. They are most vociferous on social media and they have time for a couple of weeks or so. Will be interesting if it drops like a rock or not. We have had TREK a little below 60% in the 2nd weekend and BOURNE drop well over 60%. Both seemingly are better received than SS (especially TREK which also has glowing reviews). So 60-65% drop for SS would not be any big deal. BVS dropped 69% and it didn't even have summer weekdays taking away business from weekends. CW was in summer (though at the beginning) and dropped 59% with weekdays just starting to take some business away from weekends.

Didn't think would ever say this but in these times, looking at CW, BVS, BOURNE, TREK and summer weekdays/discount Tuesdays, a 65% drop would be good for SS.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Just walked in from work at now 4:00AM and amazed that this thread grew 40 pages in the last 8 hours.. So I guess the concensus is that this sucks but will make a lot of $$$$ OW and drop like a rock next weekend???

Not really.

That's what the Marvel loonies hope, but it's too early for the WOM to be fully assessed.

BTW, how is that prediction of "this will flop: nobody cares about these characters, plus nobody will want to see this due to the word SUICIDE on the title" prediction holding up?

• Like 8

With an adult movie, an adult animation and a kids film coming out next weekend, the road ahead looks good for SS.  I think it'll drop about 55%.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I'm also amazed that this cost $175m it literally looks like a $50m film. 

Come on...it does not.

You did not like it, and that's fine, but your disliking it is certainly making you exaggerate. :)

• Like 5

I know Will Smith doesn't seem to be the top dog like he used to be but I would imagine he got at least 15 million dollars for this film. The other cast members probably didn't get that much but I'm sure the director got a good little chunk so you're still talking about at least 40-50 million dollars in acting/director salary. So how in the world could you possibly think this movie looks like a fifty-million-dollar film?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

Not really.

That's what the Marvel loonies hope, but it's too early for the WOM to be fully assessed.

BTW, how is that prediction of "this will flop: nobody cares about these characters, plus nobody will want to see this due to the word SUICIDE on the title" prediction holding up?

Do you remember the "People outside the Internet will not see this." argument? lol

• Like 1

B+ Cinemascore

Save. Me. Jesus

The Amazing Spider-Man - A-

The Avengers - A+

Avengers: Age of Ultron - A

Batman Begins - A

The Dark Knight - A

The Dark Knight Rises - A

Man of Steel - A-

Spider-Man - A-

Spider-Man 2 - A-

Spider-Man 3 - B+

Superman Returns - B+

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - B+

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - B

Catwoman - B

Daredevil - B

Elektra - B

Fantastic Four - B

FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer - B

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

So the secret life of pets as another fantastic hold this weekend. Itll be close to 320 and will definitely have a good march to 350.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AJG said:

B+ Cinemascore

Save. Me. Jesus

The Amazing Spider-Man - A-

The Avengers - A+

Avengers: Age of Ultron - A

Batman Begins - A

The Dark Knight - A

The Dark Knight Rises - A

Man of Steel - A-

Spider-Man - A-

Spider-Man 2 - A-

Spider-Man 3 - B+

Superman Returns - B+

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - B+

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - B

Catwoman - B

Daredevil - B

Elektra - B

Fantastic Four - B

FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer - B

U5fKKyG.png

• Like 2

Suicide Squad deserves everything it makes this weekend. Such a awesome and good movie.. people with a stick in your ass stop hoping for tdk and enjoy the movie..  Can't wait for my 2nd viewing. movie did not feel like 2+ hours. 

• Like 7