CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Just now, filmlover said:

Can we all just agree that this was all fucked up from the moment WB decided that the show should be "run" by someone who once said his idea of dark was "Batman prison rape"?

There's a line in the movie saying "SHE IS THE ITCH IN MY CROTCH"

• Like 4

The Friday Tmobile thing turned out to really be a hit it seems.

From the drops people are quoting overseas the next viable club is Suicide Squad < Xmen apocalypse worldwide

Edited by IMojammer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Can we all just agree that this was all fucked up from the moment WB decided that the show should be "run" by someone who once said his idea of dark was "Batman prison rape"?

He doesn't deserve the blame for this mess. He was probably barely involved in it. 

WB is not going to touch Ben's Batman movie when it comes to editing. Probably the same for JL (Snyder directing I know, just saying with Ben likely heavily involved behind the camera as well) unless they want the guy to say hell with it and walk away. Hoping they stick to what is being filmed for WW. I feel good with Johns being the head of the beast now. 

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm intrigued enough by Wonder Woman that I'll check it out next year. But if it's another mess than yeah I'm out.

I meant mainly BO wise, but slightly quality wise, I only liked 1 out of 3, of the DCEU films so far, and that was SS.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

No. He wasn't the director or writer 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

He doesn't deserve the blame for this mess. He was probably barely involved in it. 

I've been pretty eh on Ayer so I'm not so certain how good the movie would have been without interference but I'd certainly be interested to see his pure unfiltered vision and see what the hell that was like

Would it still have a lot of overplayed songs?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Yeah, but it also opened higher than BvS

And? A big opening and then if it's dropping harder that shows that it's playing like a sequel. So a drop in the US would not be shocking. 

Just now, filmlover said:

lol I saw the movie today and all of Leto's antics were for nothing. Tsk tsk.

Well, when the majority of his part in the movie was cut out, not really his fault. Oh no, an "used condom" that really turned out to be nothing more than a condom taken out of the wrapper. The horror. 

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I'm aware that his involvement was minimal to none (he apparently directed the one scene between Jai Courtney and another Justice League member). But he was the one whose ideas pretty much set the "foundation" for this DCEU that the studio is now trying to backtrack from.

But yeah, they screwed up big time with Snyder and Ayer (who was definitely a poor fit for a movie of this size). I wish you all the luck in the world, Patty Jenkins.