CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Just now, Michael Gary Scott said:

So how many more movies will dc universe last I at least want that batfleck batman film

They should wait until Justice League opens before they do anything. If both that and Wonder Woman are also disasters, it's bye bye to this DCEU, see you when you reboot in 5 years.

Just now, CJohn said:

Don't forget the Blackcat movie too. With Felicity Jones!

lmao

They wanted Tom Hardy to star as Sandman in the Sinister Six movie. Pitched it as a "star making role" to him :depp:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

MOS's reported budget was $225m.  It was rumored higher and if you look at Deadline's inside sourced year end break down for most profitable movies they had it at $258m

Unless we get an official tax credit break down we usually don't know what the budgets really are, just what studios want to report they are. 

If MoS still gave a profit, I am sure SS will too if it gets a similar WW total, which is locked to happen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

What the hell is ballsy about SS dropping to the 50s after a (likely) $125m OW?

I think it'll either do high-30s, low-40s at most.

Because right now I'm not sure where it'll land. If it's 125, 50% drop is around 62.5. To predict a drop close to 70% is insanely high, even if the reviews are bad as this. And I didn't say it would be ballsy if it hit the 50's, that's where I think it'll be. I said it would be ballsy if it did hit 40 or lower.

Just now, Chewy said:

lmao

They wanted Tom Hardy to star as Sandman in the Sinister Six movie. Pitched it as a "star making role" to him :depp:

Better/worse than Rick Flagg?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, vc2002 said:
25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

man-of-steel-killing-640x320.jpg

Can this be a new emoticon??? Seriously, this is really a good funny mad sad hilarious fucked up ridiculous expression.

(I cant find the Suggestion Section so I have to post here.)

Please admins of the forum, let this be a new emoticon? This mouth wild open impression is different from any of those that we already have because this one is OMG and Super-Sad or Devastated combined, and it's definitely gonna be really useful for a lot of discussions, like for example this wknd lol

Here's a much cleaner pic of that.

tumblr_obin8abV7x1sw7d1oo1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K1stpierre said:

Because right now I'm not sure where it'll land. If it's 125, 50% drop is around 62.5. To predict a drop close to 70% is insanely high, even if the reviews are bad as this.

Only a 50% drop?

:rotfl:

• Like 1

Just now, vc2002 said:

(I cant find the Suggestion Section so I have to post here.)

Please admins of the forum, let this be a new emoticon? This mouth wild open impression is different from any of those that we already have because this one is OMG and Super-Sad or Devastated combined, and it's definitely gonna be really useful for a lot of discussions, like for example this wknd lol

Here's a much cleaner pic of that.

We already have enough shouty faces :ohmygod::ohmyzod::sarah: 

• Like 2

So if this range is correct and if the OW looks to have massive internal drop offs again, NOW can we say that, yes, RT can be predictive?  

Yes, yes, not always (Tarzan says hello).  Still, this and BvS is showing that RT score can be part of the conversation when it comes to thinking about OW numbers.  Not exhaustive on its own, no. But a part?  Well, it's hard to see how it shouldn't be part of the conversation.  The trick will be to figure out how much of the conversation.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

lmao

They were also gonna do a Silver Sable movie, and a female team up movie.

In the leaked emails Marvel had to keep telling them not to do it and how worthless their characters were. Nobody on earth cares about Silver Sable. I doubt most Spidey comic fans even know the character.

• Like 2

Just now, cannastop said:

Only a 50% drop?

:rotfl:

No, that's why I said low 50's, ;) 

Just now, TalismanRing said:

BvS

Apr 1–3   1 $51,335,254    -69.1%    4,256   +14    $12,062   $260,408,047    2

I know, but again I still think predicting a drop close to 70% is still a lot. It could be an early 60-65% drop and fail.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

We already have enough shouty faces :ohmygod::ohmyzod::sarah: 

Like I said, none of these have this super-sad meaning in it like this one does. For example, we can say "WB people in this wknd will be in this impression", but not with any of those three.

This one is like :ohmyzod:+ :depp:  combined

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2