CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Yes.  There's not a lot of precedent for this to get over 150 mill.  

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Yes. 

Deadpool opened to $132M. 

With its preview number there is a lot of wiggle room. It can go anywhere from $120M to $150M. 

Maybe not 150M, alright, but w/the major marketing and hype surrounding this, it's impossible not to feel like the fan turnout was going to be massive right from previews. I've been calling 100M+ for the longest time, and over Deadpool for a while now as well. It can crumble below DP should it have a BVS multiplier, but I think it will beat it even by a few million. 140M is the goal right now imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yes. 

Deadpool opened to $132M. 

With its preview number there is a lot of wiggle room. It can go anywhere from $120M to $150M. 

I read the number as 152 mill ow for DP...it's supposed to be 132.

This will go past 132 imo.

Just now, Baumer said:

You make some great points.  I'm going to say the Saturday number is higher though.  This is summer so I think there's more people to go out and see it.  So I think it can do 135-140 OW.

I'm bumping from about 110/115 to around 130. Which is massive, all thingss considered. If this movie had gotten Jurassic World level reviews or even Jason Bourne level reviews, I'd be predicting over 150. But I know that someone like me, a college student with limited income, is probably not seeing this because of the reviews. And two of my older brothers and several of my friends have said the same thing. That is all, of course, anecdotal evidence. But logic dictates that reviews hurt, in today's day and age- and I actually did a data analysis project where I found that while it doesn't matter if reviews are great, they DO benefit on a statistically significant level if a movie is fresh. That is a logical argument backed up by some statistical evidence. I think that reviews cost this 20 million. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

That number is lower than I'd have guessed.

only 225m is happening 

I think that's way too low.  If it opens to 125-140, even with the worst multiplier possible, it does 250.

• Like 5

I wonder if $300m is still possible? I don't think legs will be like BvS even with the reviews. 

The marketing team at Warner Bros really deserve a raise, I can't imagine how well Wonder Woman will do if they market it like they did with SS and BvS and it gets good reviews and WOM

• Like 1

Just now, Baumer said:

I think that's way too low.  If it opens to 125-140, even with the worst multiplier possible, it does 250.

Baumer buddy, excel is saying $225M is happening for its OW. Not for its total run. 

• Like 2