CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

10 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Which would put it ~ $215M after it's second weekend.    Some said Saturday night that it won't hit $200M total.  lol

Wait, what? Some people think SS can't make 200 million domestic?

Wow, and I thought my jokes were bad. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a2knet said:
    Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
1 new Suicide Squad Warner Bros. $133,682,248   4,255 $31,418   $133,682,248 3
2 (1) Jason Bourne Universal $22,405,125 -62% 4,039 $5,547   $103,111,145 10
3 (3) Bad Moms STX Entertainment $14,004,006 -41% 3,215 $4,356   $50,850,836 10
4 (4) The Secret Life of Pets Universal $11,500,590 -39% 3,417 $3,366   $319,519,370 31
5 (2) Star Trek Beyond Paramount Pictures $10,036,030 -59% 3,263 $3,076   $127,737,394 17
6 new Nine Lives EuropaCorp $6,249,915   2,264 $2,761   $6,249,915 3
7 (6) Lights Out Warner Bros. $6,006,454 -44% 2,581 $2,327   $54,715,706 17
8 (8) Nerve Lionsgate $4,900,000 -48% 2,538 $1,931   $26,888,794 12
9 (7) Ghostbusters Sony Pictures $4,800,000 -53% 2,545 $1,886   $116,711,936 24
10 (5) Ice Age: Collision Course 20th Century Fox $4,325,094 -61% 2,738 $1,580   $53,564,891 17
11 (9) Finding Dory Walt Disney $1,957,734 -55% 1,122 $1,745   $473,872,375 52

What a huge drop for Jason Bourne :(
Great hold for SLOP and Lights Out, but damnnn what a poor result for Nine Lives
If EuropaCorp will keep up like that it will pretty soon turn into EuropaCorpse

i am amazed by Thrylos can still post here the same with some others all they do is troll DCEU. Is that allowed to bring the board down to imdb level ?

By the way that is a fantastic opening for Suicide Squad anyone saying otherwise breaking august record and 3rd best opening this year are out their damn minds

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mredman said:

i am amazed by Thrylos can still post here the same with some others all they do is troll DCEU. Is that allowed to bring the board down to imdb level ?

By the way that is a fantastic opening for Suicide Squad anyone saying otherwise breaking august record and 3rd best opening this year are out their damn minds

etpUtxi.gif

30 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Damn so it just BARELY beat Deadpool in the end. We'll see what it does from here!

I saw Rob Liefeld telling off DC stans on his Twitter feed that SS would not outgross DP domestically.

3 minutes ago, RRA said:

I saw Rob Liefeld telling off DC stans on his Twitter feed that SS would not outgross DP domestically.

And it won't. It doesn't deserve it, and I like the film. I kinda wish it'll get to cross $300m dom, but that's like a pipe dream right now. 

3 minutes ago, RRA said:

They've been mad at him since he said he didn't like it. His daughter apparently loved it so he's taking her to see it again. So he will be contributing to its box office once more ;)

6 minutes ago, RRA said:

I figured it would. PG-13 and 3D should have made that easy alone. Deadpool had neither.

Edit: Oh you mean in actual totals? Yeah he's probably right.

Edited by somebody85

1 minute ago, Nova said:

They've been mad at him since he said he didn't like it. His daughter apparently loved it so he's taking her to see it again. So he will be contributing to its box office once more ;)

Yeah I just feel this is a film that will resonate a LOT more with a younger crowd. It's kind of disturbing that Harley and Joker have become a "power couple" to a lot of people, but so were Natural Born Killers. I just need to keep in mind that this ISN'T the same Joker and Harley from the comics, and I actually think their relationship works better here than in the comics or the cartoon. Why? Well, it empowers Harley, it makes her a plaything to Joker and at same time Joker is her puppy. Still abusive, still controversial, but I like more THIS Harley than I actually like her in other mediums. She comes off as a better character here for them to sugarcoating their abusive relationship in my opinion. Something that obviously won't fly with a lot of the think pieces, but it works for me. 

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Yeah I just feel this is a film that will resonate a LOT more with a younger crowd. It's kind of disturbing that Harley and Joker have become a "power couple" to a lot of people, but so were Natural Born Killers. I just need to keep in mind that this ISN'T the same Joker and Harley from the comics, and I actually think their relationship works better here than in the comics or the cartoon. Why? Well, it empowers Harley, it makes her a plaything to Joker and at same time Joker is her puppy. Still abusive, still controversial, but I like more THIS Harley than I actually like her in other mediums. She comes off as a better character here for them to sugarcoating their abusive relationship in my opinion. Something that obviously won't fly with a lot of the think pieces, but it works for me. 

Yea he said he felt bad because his daughter saw that he didn't like the film so she kind of repressed her thoughts and so he didn't realize she loved it until like the next day after watching it. She loved the music and the Harley/Joker stuff too lol