jb007

Thursday - SS 8.2 JB 2.24 BM 2.17

Putting aside the silliness of who's using GOTG when, Baumer is right that movies start to jump 70-85% on the second Friday in August. They also start having bigger Sunday drops. I'm gonna guess something like this for SS:

Fri - 14.3m

Sat - 19.5m

Sun - 13.6m

47.4m (right around 64-65% drop) 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Putting aside the silliness of who's using GOTG when, Baumer is right that movies start to jump 70-85% on the second Friday in August. They also start having bigger Sunday drops. I'm gonna guess something like this for SS:

Fri - 14.3m

Sat - 19.5m

Sun - 13.6m

As long as its under $50M, I don't care how it gets there. 

4 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Fri - 14.3m

Sat - 19.5m

Sun - 13.6m

I'm still having a hard time seeing SS do it simply because of how large it opened.  This week had a lot of spillover numbers from a large first weekend, so I expect 55-65% is the range for its increase.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

I don't mean to be argumentative with you guys.  We all love the box office, that's why we're here.  But it seems like I'm being centered out here and it grates me at times.  I'm just using history as my guide.  If I'm wrong then so be it.  But it's not an agenda.

Sadly I don't think this is true anymore.

A lot of member who've joined here in the last year are only here to support or trash certain movies.

If only we could go back to the BOM board days. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Nothing yet, but Deadline has been the first to post recently.

I'm gonna say about 11:00 they"ll have them listed. They're slow, and so is Box Office Mojo lately their weekend forecast isn't even up yet.

10 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

With $3.25M for Sausage Party, $30M+ OW DOM seems locked. What kind of OD with previews is expected now?

Just a heads up but there is a weekend thread, that has a bunch of people talking about that, if you want to take a look at it. 

51 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

A lot of member who've joined here in the last year are only here to support or trash certain movies.

I kind of agree with this... Not to lump all of those with few posts that are new here together. Some new members have been great as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

I'm an optimist. I've joined because of The Avengers insane box office run and while I was never really into the whole DC x Marvel wars or any fandoms whatsoever, I do think you people gave me more knowledge about box office than I could ever ask for, and actually made me a better moviegoer and an all around better person when it comes to watching and anticipating all kinds of films. I agree that there are a lot of fandoms and people that are here to represent their #brands, but I have faith in people. Eventually they grow out of it and, hopefully, they'll get better eventually. I did, I'm sure that others will too. 

We are a little community, but one that I like a lot. I come and go, but I like the people that are around here, mostly. The fandoms are annoying and growing on every part of the internet, but if you simply ignore the outliers, you can have better and more civil discussions about film here than most places. We are still great. B)

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

because BOM was SO civil!

• Like 1