FlashMaster659

Monday - SS 5.1, SP about 4.4 (Not Asgard) PLEASE READ ANNOUNCEMENT THAT IS POSTED ON PAGE 6, IT IS ALSO PINNED AT TOP OF FORUM

3 hours ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore.

Over the last year or so, the moderating team has done all that it can, all that we feel was fair and just, when it comes to the DC/Marvel nonsense.  We have given out warnings, temporarily banned members, instituted thread bans, created a thread for all things DC/Marvel, one where all the villainy and scum could go to air their grievances.  We've been lenient and we have been fair.  We have laughed with you and we have tried to keep the peace.

But you guys are pushy little bastards sometimes, and unlike Mr. Lawrence's sensei, we don't like that.  The time has come for some drastic measures.

We've gotten a litany of private messages from all kinds of users here saying that this place is poisoned by a select few.  We agree.  80-90% of you that post here on a consistent basis are good posters who just want to talk box office, have some fun in the process and be nerds like the rest of us.  But the other 10-20% of you are determined to grind each thread into a bloodbath of epic proportions.

Here's what we all know:

Since Nolan got out of the Dark Knight and Snyder has taken over, the films have been divisive to say the very least.  We know that Zack Snyder isn't the film maker thanNolan is.  We know that MoS, BvS and SS have had poor multipliers, poor RT scores and poor reviews from a lot of fans.  We know all this because we are reminded of it every day in every numbers thread.  It's overkill and we have all had enough.  There is a thread created in the Speakeasy where all DC/Marvel bashing was supposed to go. Somehow that has been shoved aside and now people just go off in the daily threads.  This stops.  Not tomorrow, not in an hour and not when you feel like it.  

IT STOPS NOW!

Starting from the moment this thread is posted, anyone who doesn't know how to play nice in these threads (meaning enough of the critic conspiracies, enough of ZackSnyder bashing, enough of the Marvel DC stuff) you will be given an automatic MINIMUM 24 HOUR SUSPENSION and that's for starters.  And every moderator here will have complete autonomy to do so.  You guys want to be abrasive twats who don't want to follow rules, then you will be treated as such.

If during this 24 hours the admins (Water Bottle and Tele) feel that the suspension was done in haste, then they will reinstate your posting privileges back.  If however in this 24 hours, they feel that we acted with the best interest of the sight in mind, your suspension will be upheld for the 24 hours OR IT WILL BE EXTENDED. 

ADMIN ADDENDUM: Please note, if you are thread-banned or suspended, you will also be given warning points.

Ladies and gentleman, this is supposed to be a fun site.  There's nothing wrong with jokes, there's nothing wrong with having fun.  But when you start making not only the members but the staff want to avoid threads due to the vitriolic diarrhea being crapped out, then it's desperate times and as you know, that leads to desperate measures.  

In the words of King Theodin, "HOW DID IT COME TO THIS?"  Well, those of you who can't follow simple instructions are to be blamed.  

Please, for the love of this site, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, just be nice and stop with all this crap.

Everyone starts with a blank slate.  Whatever has been done in the past is the past.  So please don't make us have to use this rule, please don't make us have to suspend you for 24 hours or longer.

Sincerely,

The Staff.

The Mods right now...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, seduh said:

SS falls behind GOTG for the firt time (GOTG made $5,3 on it's second monday). I expect SS to never win again over GOTG.

It's gotta start falling behind sometime.

• Like 1

I don't know much about dollar-theater runs or whatever but can Civil War surpass Iron Man 3? It's $1.5M away and has recently hit dollar theaters, I just don't know what to expect from these.

What kinda $ can we expect from dollar theater runs?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

I don't know much about dollar-theater runs or whatever but can Civil War surpass Iron Man 3? It's $1.5M away and has recently hit dollar theaters, I just don't know what to expect from these.

Might be possible, considering Labor Day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Depends how much Disney wants to push for that goal. They probably just wanted the 400M mark.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Guessing on SS jump for today. I'd say 25%.....so hoping for 6.25.

Seems reasonable. Guardians was 2 years ago and it jumped ~24%, and considering how big Tuesday has become, I'd think higher for SS. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Only 300k behind with a 115k higher 15th weekend. So possible. IM3 had two separate theater count expansions in August though not just one. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, a2knet said:

3rd weekend onwards.

BOURNE 5

2016/08/12 4 $3,874,260 +73% 3,528 $1,098   $117,036,605 15
2016/08/13 4 $5,921,860 +53% 3,528 $1,679   $122,958,465 16
2016/08/14 4 $4,050,755 -32% 3,528 $1,148   $127,009,220 17
2016/08/15 - $1,432,150 -65% 3,528 $406   $128,441,370 18

TREK 3

2016/08/05 5 $2,634,319 +25% 3,263 $807   $120,335,683 15
2016/08/06 5 $4,272,247 +62% 3,263 $1,309   $124,607,930 16
2016/08/07 5 $3,129,464 -27% 3,263 $959   $127,737,394 17
2016/08/08 5 $1,204,959 -61% 3,263 $369   $128,942,353 18

Well, I went to see both of them again last weekend.  Just doing my part to keep them neck and neck...

Edited by trifle
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

So why are such bans only happen for dc films

You guys are too much 

The forum is not only turning sour form users but mods who want to just pick fights with users for bashing dc films.

They aren't. We've thread-banned and suspended people on both sides of the argument. If you think this policy is somehow mods out to pick fights with people, then I don't know what to say except you're welcome to PM @Water Bottle and me to share any concerns you might have.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

They aren't. We've thread-banned and suspended people on both sides of the argument. If you think this policy is somehow mods out to pick fights with people, then I don't know what to say except you're welcome to PM @Water Bottle and me to share any concerns you might have.

Instead of a normal stern warning you have Baumer or other mods being like "come at me bro, I am the Mod, come test me AHHHH!"

It seems very silly :lol: 

• Like 3

I have several scathing comments about Fox's Fantastic Four and its one-year effect on August movies, and how the gross incompetence of that movie will hurt Pete's Dragon this upcoming weekend. Reading the plea of the moderators, I will withhold my inner troll, and not fully expose my thoughts in regards to this volatile comic-based movie and will reconsidering wishing Mr. Trank the best of luck in his future endeavors. 

As for predicting Suicide Squad numbers, I'm just going to add 500k to whatever Man of Steel did on any given day to predict the total. So today's number should be 5.7m + 0.3 for increased Tuesday effect = 6.0m. Tomorrow, without Tuesday effect, it'll drop to 4.6m, and Thursday it'll be 4.4m. Despite the better choice to use percentages in comparisons, I feel my poor approach will somehow be more accurate.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nilephelan said:

What is the problem?

Like I said, it isn't sustainable. WB/DC is looking to make their DCEU franchise a long term one. How they're playing the field now, they're just sabotaging those efforts. Sooner or later, the audience is going to catch on and without a strong opening weekend, their movies are going to fall flat on their faces even moreso than they already have.

Edited by Haley Ross

O M GGGGGG. Some of yalls reactions kill me.  Really? get a f'ing grip. Once again this movie opened to 130M.  It really never should've done that, but it did because of the amazing markerting.  This is really a 80 M OW movie disguised as something else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Instead of a normal stern warning you have Baumer or other mods being like "come at me bro, I am the Mod, come test me AHHHH!"

It seems very silly :lol: 

This isn't Baumer writing something up on his own. The staff discussed it and I have my approval. Baumer wrote it because I wasn't near a computer at the time. 

When something is signed "The Staff" that's what it means -- it's the collective decision of the staff. 

Again, if you have issues with it, feel free to PM WB and me. 

1 hour ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Personally, I think these MARVEL vs DC Wars is what makes this place exciting when these movies come out.. It simply boils down to stop taking it so seriously and being offended by the whole "My movie is better than your movie" crap.. It's just what we do folks and without that, it sort of grows into being boring then...

You have a whole thread to do this. 

But our decision relating to the whole forum at large isn't up for discussion. Chalk it up to the straw that broke the camel's back. 

• Like 9