Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

16 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

I loved the part where the guy said he was an ex-Imperial and The Mandolarion says that isn't saying much. And, then he says I wasn't a Stormtrooper. That was my favorite part this episode.

And the fact it was in reference to marksmanship. 

4 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

not that impressive, shows like GOT, Hand Maids Tales and Stranger Things had seasons long ago still on the list.

Everyone i know talking about Watchmen not on the list

for me it is very impresive, some very good new shows are not that high (SEE, TITANS, etc.. CROWN)

well sorry for Watchmen, I am sure there is no conspiracy if it's not on the list...

and here just few of my friends checked Watchmen, and everbody talks about Mandalorian and of course GOT

M.

This episode was a big improvement over the past two.  I had a great time with it.  I will say though, what the hell is the story/narrative here?  We have two episodes left, and I feel like there is no driving force/a lot of open threads.  What is going on with Carl Weathers character?  What happened to the cliff hanger at the end of 5?  Feels like there is no driving force for the show. 

I don't mind the episodic nature of the show, it's actually a nice change of pace from everything being so serialized now. Not every show needs to tell some big overarching story, I think the adventures of the Mandalorian and Baby Yoda across the galaxy could make for a good show, the problem is so far it just... hasn't been that good. The writing's noticeably bad and it seems like they just make the Mandalorian make dumb decisions over and over because it's what the plot requires. 

• Like 1

Alright, I finally got caught up with the last two episodes and I enjoyed them both. It has my interest again. I thought the visuals with the speeder and space sequences were very good. The action was decent. I thought the droid fighting was a bit over the top. I'm ready for #7.

Okay, so obviously this was a trap from the get go and I'm sure the Mando knew it.  But what choice did he have?  That's why he went and got reinforcements.  What he didn't expect was that it was a double trap and that the imps would come down hard on the local Imps.

It's not that "he's not too bright" as @Plain Old Tele put it, more than he's fallible.  Like, really fallible.  This has been established from practically the get-go.  He's very good at some things.  But other things?  Well, he's not an invincible hero, that's for sure.

What I think is more telling is that Greef Karga got the rug pulled out from under him.  Dude was in a bad situation and even he underestimated how real shit was about to get. 

I also do like them being really in the dark about the whole Force thing.  Just puts it in a different light than many SW tales and honestly that's really refreshing.

===

Other notes:

Not at all surprised to see IG-11 come back.  Just too much potential there.  Really surprised that he didn't save Kuiil, guns blazing.  I suppose he'll be coming back for vengeance in the season finale.

Really liked Carl Weathers here.  Especially after his life was saved and his obvious discomfort at the whole situation.  Also liked how he tried to reason with his fellow bounty hunters/guards before saying "fuck it" and wasting them.

Finally, gots to wonder just why Moff Gideon blew away everyone in the compound.  More than meets the eye here, including the fact that, in the immortal words of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, his troopers don't have shit dirt all over them. 

I presume we're supposed to think "forerunners to the First Order" but it's honestly not a bad guess.  I mean. sure, Imps often look at their underlings as expendable resources.  But even for them, that was a bit much.  Curious to see just exactly what is going on there.

• Like 2

Pretty expected result to the half-baked plan. Intentionally springing an obvious trap isn't always the best idea. A little surprised that Cara after the Force Choke and Force Heal didn't twig to "Hey I remember a certain Rebel Alliance dude who could do weird shit like that" I imagine the common Rebel grunts still knew about Luke.

I assume Moff Gideon was Herzog's superior and once it was clear to him that Herzog failed again, he was expendable and not worth keeping around. Kind of a Vader-esque treatment of subordinates who mess up.

Meanwhile the dangling Ming-Na Wen/Mysterious Stranger thread is still floating in the wind...

5 hours ago, Marek the Jedi said:

P.S. for 4K disc owners ;) do you think Disney will put it out on 4k DISC or there is ZERO chance hmm :( I want it badly in best possible quality hmm picture and sound wise...

Disney likes money.  Despite Disney Plus existing, Star Wars is still appearing on TNT, with TLJ scheduled to arrive there any day now.

I think they'll release it on Blu Ray.  4k might be pushing it since I'm not sure of how many TV shows are released in that format. Though since the show was shot for 4k it's certainly a possibility.

Either way, I'd be pretty surprised if it doesn't get some sort of physical release.  Mostly due to point number 1. 

• Like 2