kayumanggi

LOVE, SIMON | 03.16.18 | Fox | trailer on page 1

6 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Anyone else hardcore cry doing this film. 

6 hours ago, Empire said:

I did more than once during the film. It really hit me hard. 

4 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Like FOUR TIMES.  It was just so:

tumblr_osn9zyubsj1v97gwao1_500.gif

4 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

I think I got choked up when Greg Berlanti appeared on screen, cause I didn't quite realize how much I NEEDED this movie until I saw him.  Everything with the family made me emotional.  They handled that SO WELL.  It was the perfect mix of honest reactions and supportiveness.  The dad and the sister SLAYED ME DEAD.  

Jennifer Garners chat with him made me cry.

As a gay guy it was all so well done. I had a very easy coming out and a great family with loads of amazing friends and never experienced any hate. But I know for lots of people that’s not the case.

Hopefully this film helps people. I think it will. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Anyone else hardcore cry doing this film. 

I held it off until all the young (hetero, there with their boyfriends) girls in the theater stated screaming at the reveal and then a bit later like they would at a Twilight movie. As a gay man that was a beautiful moment, times are changing.

15 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Seeing it tonight at 9:30pm and tomorrow at 4pm...Can't remember when I saw a movie three times. 

The last time I saw a film in theaters three times was Star Wars: The Force Awakens. This film probably is something special to elicit reactions like this!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, slambros said:

The last time I saw a film in theaters three times was Star Wars: The Force Awakens. This film probably is something special to elicit reactions like this!

Oh it is! You should definitely see it!!

Taking my conservative parents tomorrow at 4pm. Kind of nervous since idk how they will react. The deal breaker was that I'd see I Can Only Imagine with them and my grandma on Tuesday. I'm curious to see ICOI and see what the hype is about. I hope it's a solid film. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hiccup23 said:

Oh it is! You should definitely see it!!

Taking my conservative parents tomorrow at 4pm. Kind of nervous since idk how they will react. The deal breaker was that I'd see I Can Only Imagine with them and my grandma on Tuesday. I'm curious to see ICOI and see what the hype is about. I hope it's a solid film. 

ICOI is definitely worth the watch. I choked up based on how relatable the main character is to me as a creative person, and I rarely choke up! It's certainly not meritless, that's for sure!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume/love-simon-tweets-and-tumblr-posts?utm_term=.ym24Vq1ZM#.ycv3L6Kaz

It would be awesome if this suddenly became an inexplicably leggy hit like The Greatest Showman.

That tweet makes it seem kind of unlikely tbh, generally at my theater if you can watch the same movie back to back in a single day/weekend it's probably either a few weeks into its run or the theater won't have it for more than 3 weeks.

2 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

Seeing it tonight at 9:30pm and tomorrow at 4pm...Can't remember when I saw a movie three times. 

I wish I did not have work tomorrow.  I need to see this again so badly. 

Have the demographics of who saw it this weekend been released?

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

11 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

From the evening Deadline.com Update:

Love, Simon drew 58% females, 42% males with 59% under 25. The movie over-indexed in the west, Northeast, and Midwest; slightly under-indexed in the Rockies; and under-indexed in the south and southeast. Top 20 markets that over-indexed include LA, NY, SF, Boston, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Minneapolis. Top grossing theaters came from LA, NY, SF, Boston, Toronto, Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, and San Antonio. Canada repped 5.6% of the weekend’s take.

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I wish I did not have work tomorrow.  I need to see this again so badly. 

I am on vacation until Wednesday so it worked out well haha