kayumanggi

LOVE, SIMON | 03.16.18 | Fox | trailer on page 1

http://deadline.com/2018/03/love-simon-greg-berlanti-sneak-preview-box-office-1202334234/

20th Century Fox held previews last night for its gay teenage romance title Love, Simon and drew a strong estimated $800K from 927 theaters for a per location average of $863.

Now, it’s not often that sneak preview figures are reported, but to provide some perspective, and know that these are not comps, Dwayne Johnson’s movies racked up the following in their previews: Baywatch ($1.25M), Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle ($2M) and San Andreas ($3.1M).

• Like 4
  • Astonished 3

This movie seems mildly depressing to me. How in the world are Jennifer Garner and Josh Duhamel playing the parents of a high schooler? Seems like only yesterday when they were both TV stars not far from high school age themselves. Time sure does fly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

This movie seems mildly depressing to me. How in the world are Jennifer Garner and Josh Duhamel playing the parents of a high schooler? Seems like only yesterday when they were both TV stars not far from high school age themselves. Time sure does fly.

Not as depressing as when Garner played a mom in Miracles from Heaven.

:whosad:

@EmpireCity has there been any increase in tracking at all? Or do you think it'll still land in the low teens

I have to do my attendance predictions for work tonight or tomorrow morning and I really don't know how much higher than Everything Everything I should go

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Kept thinking the lead in this looked familiar in the marketing, and it finally dawned on me he's the creepy horndog older brother in JW, lol. 

He's the new YA It bow He was in the 5th wave with Chloe Moretz and Everything Everything with Amandla Stenberg as well. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DAJK said:

@EmpireCity has there been any increase in tracking at all? Or do you think it'll still land in the low teens

I have to do my attendance predictions for work tonight or tomorrow morning and I really don't know how much higher than Everything Everything I should go

The tracking actually dropped this week.  The theater count is going to be smaller as well.  If this hits $40m domestic it will be a surprise at this point.  Most have it at $30m or less.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

37 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The tracking actually dropped this week.  The theater count is going to be smaller as well.  If this hits $40m domestic it will be a surprise at this point.  Most have it at $30m or less.  

Do you think the 800k from Saturday will have an impact on this weekend?

57 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Thanks for the info!

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

This secret screening is tonight and I’m still hoping it’s this. Not out here til 9th April. 

It was Love Simon! 

Loved the film. As a gay guy it was emotional, realistic and there were no stereotypes. I imagine it will be a very important film for a younger generation. 

Great cast too. 

9/10. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Now that I’ve seen the film, this is sad news. Hopefully WOM catches on. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

I bought the book today...that says something. I hate reading but the film got me interested in the book haha

Theres going to be a sequel to the book I heard

• Like 2