kayumanggi

LOVE, SIMON | 03.16.18 | Fox | trailer on page 1

So I made a post on Facebook about this film and encouraged people to see it. Guess who comments and likes it? My die-hard very conservative Trump supporting Grandma of 73 years old. Guess who is seeing it Saturday with her lady friend? Yep, she is! She apparently loved the trailers and wants to see it because she finds the story "impressive" 

My mother (her daughter) has struggled and not accepted me when I came out and still doesn't..because of her Catholic beliefs. I never came out to my Grandma officially because I was afraid I'd get the same rejection. I just feel so happy and good right now. It really reenforces why films like this are so important. My parents will never see this in theaters but I am going to buy the movie when it comes out on DVD and watch it with them. Hopefully it can lead to a good discussion and a happy ending for me coming out. 

I can't say this enough. Please take your friends and family to this film. It is probably one of the most important films of the year and no doubt one of the best/touching films of 2018. This film will impact so many young adults and kids. The film might seem idealistic but hey, it shows LGBT+ kids that this is the family and friends they deserve. They are worth love. Their stories matter. 

Again....fucking 94/100 

Better than Call Me By Your Name hands down. Fight me ;) 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

So I made a post on Facebook about this film and encouraged people to see it. Guess who comments and likes it? My die-hard very conservative Trump supporting Grandma of 73 years old. Guess who is seeing it Saturday with her lady friend? Yep, she is! She apparently loved the trailers and wants to see it because she finds the story "impressive" 

My mother (her daughter) has struggled and not accepted me when I came out and still doesn't..because of her Catholic beliefs. I never came out to my Grandma officially because I was afraid I'd get the same rejection. I just feel so happy and good right now. It really reenforces why films like this are so important. My parents will never see this in theaters but I am going to buy the movie when it comes out on DVD and watch it with them. Hopefully it can lead to a good discussion and a happy ending for me coming out. 

I can't say this enough. Please take your friends and family to this film. It is probably one of the most important films of the year and no doubt one of the best/touching films of 2018. This film will impact so many young adults and kids. The film might seem idealistic but hey, it shows LGBT+ kids that this is the family and friends they deserve. They are worth love. Their stories matter. 

Again....fucking 94/100 

Better than Call Me By Your Name hands down. Fight me ;) 

Its way better that CMBYN. CMBYN was such a bore in my opinion. 

• Like 2

I saw Love, Simon at a secret screening (didn't know what it would be going in) but GOD DAMN what a sweet movie. I was smiling and laughing all the way through (mostly).

Have to wait until 6th April to see it again in my country, but I am definitely seeing it again!

9/10

On the surface, “Love, Simon” may look like just your average teen comedy, but underneath its layers, the movie is much more than that. With the screenplay written by Isaac Aptaker & Elizabeth Berger who are responsible for writing a ton of episodes of “This is Us,” (yeah you’re gonna cry while watching this by the way), they brilliantly write this story in a way that comes off rather refreshing. The story borrows a lot of elements from a ton of John Hughes films from “Pretty in Pink” to the fourth wall breaking style of “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.”

With the several films he’s been in from playing as the older Brother in “Jurassic World,” to the love interest in “Everything, Everything,” Nick Robinson’s portrayal of Simon is the star turning role that will shoot him up to superstardom because his performance is phenomenal. This is his movie and his first time having to carry a full feature, and he is captivatingly magnificent. The best way to describe Simon himself is a blend of endearingly  complex as Ducky from “Pretty in Pink,” and the unlucky wimpy-ness of Greg Heffley  from “Diary of a Wimpy Kid.”

Every year there is a near perfect teen comedy that feels like a sort of variation of a John Hughes movie if it was written in the 21st century. 2015 had “Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl,” 2016 had “The Edge of Seventeen,” and 2017 had “Lady Bird.” But “Love, Simon”  has the “Lady Bird” effect where it doesn’t matter if you’re the same gender or in this case the same sexual orientation you can heavily relate to this character and their personal struggle of being accepted and falling in love.

REVIEW HERE:  http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//love-simon-review

• Like 4