DAJK

Weekend Actuals: Sully 35M, WTBB 14.2M, DB 8.25M, SS 5.72M

22 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The draw of Tom Hanks, Eastwood and the real life Captain Sullenberger is kind of amazing if you think about it.

A movie about a guy landing a plane safely is going to out open Warcraft and make it to 30M.

It's out opening Flight too, which had drunk Denzel and actual death and serious repercussions. 

I was so excited for Flight, maybe I should give Sully a chance.

22 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Considering that Flight did this sort of film better, the fact it's making more than that on OW is astonishing. 

tom appeals more to white middle america then Denzel lol. Also This ends on a high note while Flight does not. I think people would prefer a feel good film to one with actual serious repercussions. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, RichWS said:

It warms my heart to see a Hanks joint making good money. I would like to meet him one day. 

I actually did meet Tom Hanks once about 2 years ago

On 8/16/2014 at 5:09 PM, grim22 said:

So I was in Malibu and while returning there was a road closure, decided to just drive around the closure and took a wrong turn. I must have ended up in some major star home location. I stopped 10 minutes for pictures of the view and freaking Tom Hanks parks behind me. Now that is some surreal timing. Told him the usual big fan etc and took a couple of pics. Still can't believe it.

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Wonder if this opening has anything to do with Sully being the first real adult fall movie. If so, what would this mean for films like Deepwater or Accountant? Maybe we get a strong streak.

Deepwater Horizon I imagine $20-25m which isn't great considering its budget and I think around the same for The Accountant maybe a tad higher

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

That can't be stopped OS.

RIP his DOM chances, tho.

Inferno will be like the Ice Age of adult skewing films.

• Like 2

Top ten Rank Hanks(off the top of my head and plenty of omissions)

1. Apollo 13

2. Saving Private Ryan

3. Big

4. Toy Story Trilogy

5. Forrest Gump

6. Captain Phillips

7. Catch Me If You Can

8. Cast Away

9.  Road to Perdition

10. Bachelor Party(it has a coke snorting donkey, what other two time Oscar winner has that on his resume)

• Like 2