Jonwo

Wonka | December 15, 2023 | TIMOTHEE IS WILLY WONKA FAM | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

On 9/29/2021 at 9:29 PM, SLAM! said:

This film was greenlit by Warner Bros., but Netflix just bought the rights to Roald Dahl's entire catalog. I wonder what's going to happen with this film due to that Netflix deal. It's good that they can't make a sequel so they don't have to bait for one like lots of other blockbusters do these days 😂.

Warner Bros still owns the film and stage rights to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Witches so it'll probably be similar to how Disney owns Spider-Man via Marvel the character but not the film rights to Spider-Man. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

I hope this is actually the origin story of the beloved Johnny Depp version of the character. Let's see Chalamet play Wonka like Michael Jackson as Depp did.

Same here. I like the 2005 one so much, an origin story of Chalamet playing with THAT manic energy? Yes.

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

It's funny that Americans seem to have much more affinity for the character of Wonka than Brits, the latter of whom like the original Chocolate Factory book but pretty much leave it at that.

Wonka is more interesting as a character IMO, Charlie may be the title character but he's such a dull character. 

47 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Also, looking at WB's 2022 slate, it looks pretty dire in terms of Oscar contenders. They should switch this around with Aquaman 2 and make it their big Oscar push (I'm half joking).

I mean, Avatar 2 is going to destroy Aquaman 2; this can easily be a Sherlock Holmes-like hit for WB at Christmas with a smaller OW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1