kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

Am I really dumb or is it an unclever choice to have two musicals open on the same weekend? Sure, one's a biopic and the other's a fairytale, but still, it feels odd to not try to find some space in between. Why not give it a limited release in mid-December and then expand it on MLK weekend instead? I know that a Freddie Mercury biopic doesn't need Oscar buzz to be a hit, but still, it could help the hype blow up.

• Like 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Am I really dumb or is it an unclever choice to have two musicals open on the same weekend? Sure, one's a biopic and the other's a fairytale, but still, it feels odd to not try to find some space in between. Why not give it a limited release in mid-December and then expand it on MLK weekend instead? I know that a Freddie Mercury biopic doesn't need Oscar buzz to be a hit, but still, it could help the hype blow up.

Fox already has AD Astra scheduled for MLK (though it might get delayed given nothing was said at Cinemacon)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

No one gives a crap about that crappy  looking pantomime Nutcracker thing 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

The DGA process for this is gonna be interesting. Don't know how much Fletcher reshot, but it doesn't seem like it was a Ron Howard-Solo style job. 

One thing's for certain though: even if he does get final credit for the film, no way is Singer gonna do any promotion for it.

Singer will be credited...but it will probably be the last thing he directs for a while...if not ever.

And I'll be extremely surprised if he takes any part in the promotional circuit.

Edited by Macleod

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Pretty sure The Nutcracker and the Four Realms is not a musical.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Fox already has AD Astra scheduled for MLK (though it might get delayed given nothing was said at Cinemacon)

Even if it doesn't get delayed from the release month, since it doesn't seem like Fox is going for Oscars w/AD Astra (it's slated as a wide release in January 11th, but nothing on a limited December release), why not release AD Astra in the Death Cure spot (late January), and let Bohemian Rhapsody on MLK weekend? Their audiences don't overlap, so that shouldn't be an issue. And AD Astra would have zero competition + a President's Day boost on its 4th weekend.

@filmlover Is it not? I mean, I'm fairly sure I've seen the fairytale adapted into almost nothing but musicals, so I presumed this would be one as well.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@filmlover Is it not? I mean, I'm fairly sure I've seen the fairytale adapted into almost nothing but musicals, so I presumed this would be one as well.

Well, The Nutcracker has always been a ballet, not a musical, for starters. :lol: It's just easy to forget since that score is so famous.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Well, The Nutcracker has always been a ballet, not a musical, for starters. :lol: It's just easy to forget since that score is so famous.

Ahh, that's why I'm confusing it, I guess. That and the damn Barbie movie that played on TV every day when I was a kid, which I believe was an actual musical.