kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

I think Bohemian Rhapsody will open to say $30-35m and leg it to $120-150m if it's really good. Nutcracker looks like it's a potential AWIT. 

The biopics based on singers or groups that I want to see is the Bee Gees which has been in development and Frank Sinatra, I know Scorsese has been trying to make a biopic on the latter for years. 

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Bohemian Rhapsody will open to say $30-35m and leg it to $120-150m if it's really good. Nutcracker looks like it's a potential AWIT. 

The biopics based on singers or groups that I want to see is the Bee Gees which has been in development and Frank Sinatra, I know Scorsese has been trying to make a biopic on the latter for years. 

Nutcracker will be lucky to make AWIT numbers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hades said:

Nutcracker will be lucky to make AWIT numbers

Yeah, Nutcracker looks like a misfire for Disney.

Though I am not sure how much Rhapsody can take advantage of it.

I can see audiences simply not going to see either one.

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

And Scorsese has been running into problems with the Sinatra estate over the film. They control the rights to all of Sinatra's recordings other material , and without access to those a biopic would be almost impossible. They want a veto on the film's content, and Scorsese is refusing that.

Irony is people forget that  Scorsese is responsible for "New York.New York" which became along with "My Way" Old Blue Eyes signature song in his later years. The song was written for Scorsese's 1977 film of the same name,and was written not for Frank but for Liza Manelli. So don't look the Sinatra biopic anytime soon.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Looks neat.

The guy playing Freddie looks cool. I'm curious if SBC would've done well though, I mean he LOOKED like Freddie but could he SING like him? 

Not sure if serious.

2 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I am. Could Sacha Baron Cohen sing like Freddie?

Or are they just going to use the original songs and lip sync?

They are using original songs and lipsycing. 

• Like 1