kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

6 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

It's a film about Queen, why wouldn't the trailer be based on music?

Then Fox should not have released a teaser that hyped “HIS STORY” as being more extraordinary than “THEIR MUSIC.” Also, barring some massive rework, the film is more about Mercury than Queen. How about showing some of the story - his story - in the teaser if that is supposedly more important and interesting than the music? The advertising lingo in the teaser does not match the content of the teaser. That’s the issue here.

I loved the remix of Another One Bites The Dust and all the other Queen themes. Malek looks pretty good too.

Didn't really pay attention to anything else tbh, but I suspect this is gonna be a BIG hit. Not thinking Compton numbers DOM atm, but I wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

Since when do trailers present the "interesting" or important bits of a film? They are designed to attract people to a film. I dont really know what you are trying to say.

The teaser makes a bold claim and then completely fails to back up that claim. If the teaser was a court case, it would be dismissed for a lack of evidence supporting the case they are trying to make. 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

12 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I loved the remix of Another One Bites The Dust and all the other Queen themes. Malek looks pretty good too.

Didn't really pay attention to anything else tbh, but I suspect this is gonna be a BIG hit. Not thinking Compton numbers DOM atm, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I think it could come close to Compton domestic but it's going to smash it OS whereas Compton did poorly OS apart from 1-2 countries

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If the movie becomes a major awards player I can see this matching Walk the Line's run ($119M), though it would start out with a $30-35M opening instead of $22M like that film.

With it's Singer baggage the performances are probably the only thing that are going to get awards talk.

• Thanks 1

I kinda think Sasha Baron Cohen would have been a better choice but I know they had creative differences with him and he's a little old. Rami's accent sounds a little off. Still super excited for this. 

Edited by ban1o

37 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Is it confirmed Freddie's bisexuality won't be touched upon? That would be a bummer.

I don't know.  I am just preparing for the oncoming storm of Is The Movie Queer Enough Disclosure.  Especially with younger fans who don't understand how the movie industry works.

11 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I don't know.  I am just preparing for the oncoming storm of Is The Movie Queer Enough Disclosure.  Especially with younger fans who don't understand how the movie industry works.

there will be a lot of backlash if it doesn't address his bisexuality at all... especially considering how he died. I'm sure it will be addressed though. 

It makes sense that the trailers are focusing on the music though. That's going to be the selling point for a lot of people. 

Edited by ban1o

8 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

If the movie straight-washes Mercury, there will be a backlash against the film that will sink its awards chances and its box office grosses. Critics and moviegoers alike will destroy the film if that happens. 

If the film’s sole or primary focus is on the band as a whole and their music, then a great film could be made about that. Similarly, a great movie could be made about Mercury provided the movie is honest. I have no idea which of the two we will receive based on that teaser. Maybe it will be both?

33 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't blame the studio if the film skirts around Freddie's promiscuity, the band themselves wants to protect Freddie's legacy and they have creative control

Kinda surprising, considering who they hired to direct.  They want their cake and to eat it, too.  Hollywood compromises on material like this never do anyone any good.  The tell will be how much 'truth' really is implied/revealed in the imagery, characters, and editing of the film.  But I doubt it will be anything close to as interesting as it would have been with SBC. 

Edited by Macleod