kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Ngl, the Marvel Jesus line might be the worst punchline to a joke I've seen in a trailer in a while.

People are gonna be in a shock when the Funko critics that were orgasming over these types of jokes start giving this mixed reviews

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Yeah, that's baked into the film itself but does that hold for marketing? Could they basically have just "yada yada'd" Deadpool entering the multiverse and just sold the character/vibes after that's been established. That's the most realistic expectation. However, honestly, I was half-expecting "a superbowl commercial" as a deadpool ad in the vein of that korg-deadpool-Free Guy bit. 

This clip brings me physical pain. 

These movies/Reynolds' brand of comedy aren't really my thing and this trailer didn't do much for me but my dad certainly got interested seeing it, esp for Wolverine's return. It should do well like the other Deadpools but less than 1-2 because of genre fatigue and less novelty surrounding the character, 600-650m.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyB said:

Who is this random person?  I clicked on their profile to see if they are just nailing box office predictions and the Reddit user has Kung Fu Panda opening to 85M and Dune 50M. Probably should follow someone else with better takes.  

Really????? I have never heard of him 

1 minute ago, TheDude391 said:

These movies/Reynolds' brand of comedy aren't really my thing and this trailer didn't do much for me but my dad certainly got interested seeing it, esp for Wolverine's return. It should do well like the other Deadpools but less than 1-2 because of genre fatigue and less novelty surrounding the character, 600-650m.

That would be bad. The lower half of that would be flop territory if the $250M budget is true.

Edited by HummingLemon496

1 hour ago, JimmyB said:

Who is this random person?  I clicked on their profile to see if they are just nailing box office predictions and the Reddit user has Kung Fu Panda opening to 85M and Dune 50M. Probably should follow someone else with better takes.  

They are R/boxoffcies Jesus. 

Edited by WorkingonaName

10 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

A friend of mine said, and I quote directly, "Alright, finally an MCU trailer that's gotten me excited again."

I watched the trailer, and it was fine. But I haven't seen much negative reaction to the trailer anywhere.

In the Boxoffice subreddit, upvotes are as follows (as of 9:43 PST):

Deadpool & Wolverine: 1.2k
Twisters: 275

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes: 212
Wicked: 142

EDIT:

In the movies subreddit, D&W has 15.9k upvotes. In second place is KotPotA with 1.6k

Edited by MysteryMovieMogul
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Elaborate

In that no matter what they put out there the reaction was going to be mixed because that goes with the territory for Marvel and CBM's in general now. To me it looks like a Deadpool movie and a good one at that with Wolverine along for the ride this time which they are saving for the next trailer which makes sense.

32 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yep this thread is exactly what I thought it would be. 

Just BOT doing its usual thing regarding Deadpool, Ryan and CBMs, in both directions.

This thread will probably get to over 300 pages of repeated hot takes by the time this movie comes out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Just BOT doing its usual thing regarding Deadpool, Ryan and CBMs, in both directions.

This thread will probably get to over 300 pages of repeated hot takes by the time this movie comes out. 

This thread will explode the day initial pre-sale tracking starts. 

47 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Based on Marvel's recent track record. . .I'm more inclined to believe this will be a 50/B than a 90/A personally. I really hope it's latter like Shang-Chi/NWH/BP2/GOTG 3

Expect this to be in line with previous titles.  Barring an A+ think it will perform in line with the  Deadpool movies. 50-100m added+ at best. 750-850m.

Unless redband trailer really slaps with some major hook and reveals. This looks like another  typical Deadpool adventure .

As for the potential cameos. Love the fox x men but they don't and have never had the massive nostalgia poll of tobby/Garfield/goblin/doc orc in NWH.