kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

27 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Up to 81% on RT with 144 reviews. Looking goodddd. Up and up Wolvie.

Well, I'll be damned. I'll gladly eat crow here, because frankly I was expecting so much worse from all the dissenting reactions posted here. It should end on the same level as Guardians 3, which is great news, at least for me. Unfortunately I'm on vacation and can't see it until Sunday or Monday, so hopefully the wait will be worth it.

the idea of ‘top critics’ is just very weird, isn’t it? Such a half-assed compromise for all the funko critics they allow through. (Not picking on this movie, it’s something I’ve long wondered about) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

the idea of ‘top critics’ is just very weird, isn’t it? Such a half-assed compromise for all the funko critics they allow through. (Not picking on this movie, it’s something I’ve long wondered about) 

they've always had this feature. Used to be called Cream of the Crop. I guess it makes sense for there to be a section for critics at legacy publications.

• Like 2

Just now, cannastop said:

they've always had this feature. Used to be called Cream of the Crop. I guess it makes sense for there to be a section for critics at legacy publications.

I know, and I thought it was weird/telling back then too

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

This is not The Flash. Comparisons to The Flash are ridiculous. 

comparisons is due to the fact that DW has a lower Metascore than The Flash.

people are talking about this because this post on Discussing Film has over 3 million views.

16 minutes ago, cannastop said:

21 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Just as importantly, they also used to have different filters for the type of outlet the person published at

e.g.

• "cream of the crop" v. all v. positive only/negative only v. foreign language v. "parent reviews v. short reviews. 
  • LA based v. all major us metros
  • media outlet type (magazine, newspaper, tv, website)
  • if you are/are not a member of the critic society of the top 10-20 markets in the US. 

all of those went away leaving a nebulous top critics designation as the only filter. In this context, I don't think cream of the crop stands out as particularly weird (even if it's given prime placement as the first filter). The initial design is much more letterboxd-y (as someone who doesn't use that site) where there's a modularity built into the system that could let you choose your own adventure to some degree. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, leoh said:

people are talking about this because this post on Discussing Film has over 3 million views.

Go Away No GIF by CBS

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Y’all had me convinced in this thread Deadpool was 100% going rotten, yet here we are 150 reviews later and it has an 81% RT score

looking-up-lebron-james.gif

This is the problem with this place sometimes  and we are all guilty of letting freakouts and doom posting influence what we think will happen rather than what will happen.

It was very clear that the bloggers adored it, we all know they’re more numerous than traditional writers which was also clearly the ones who dislike it. 

We could see the bad reception on MC coming from miles away, but RT never felt like it was gonna follow. Some of you freak out too easily imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leoh said:

What disingenuous here is that were on a box office site and not only are DP&W far more popular characters with far more proven box office success over a far longer period of time, the early audience reactions are far better. Not to mention, it will outgrows Flash WW by a substantial margin during its OW. Not even getting into how much Ezra Miller is disliked. 

It's very baiting. Nothing more.

39 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

This is the problem with this place sometimes  and we are all guilty of letting freakouts and doom posting influence what we think will happen rather than what will happen.

True. There are some few people that might be freaking out when a specific blockbuster doesn’t have a higher critical reception than expected or so. I mean, take DM4 for example…that one has a 55% on RT…and yet despite that rating, it’s still doing pretty good at the box office this summer.

It can be pretty hard for a big film to be 100% on RT or MC, unless it is absolutely perfect and that good and beloved of a movie by every critic & audience.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34