75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

5 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Undoubtedly he will be. I don't think anyone doubts that but you.

I doubt it, I never said it wasn't possible, having the character come back for the sequels is something I'd quite like in fact.

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I get the feeling: 

Hide contents

Queenie did something to him when she kissed him so he didn't completely forget. and his reaction to seeing Queenie when she was in the bakery. I imagine he'll be back although the sequel is set in Paris and London so I wonder how Tina, Queenie and Jacob will figure

Yeah, I imagine those characters will factor in to the story, because they'll be sent there on a special mission or something.

1 minute ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

I think the only tentpoles I unabashedly enjoyed were DEADPOOL and GHOSTBUSTERS. The rest are a mash of mostly lukewarm dislike or lukewarm like. Admittedly there are several I haven't seen yet. 

You haven't seen FB yet. I'm sure you'll LOVE it.

Spoiler

:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Train to Busan shat on everything Marvel has done. 

I didn't read anything about the movie other than the title.  I thought I was walking into a traditional drama and walked away pleasantly surprised. I love eagerly anticipating my American blockbusters too, but movies getting 3+ trailers and so many preview clips kill the movie experience. That's my fault, though. I don't even watch any Marvel trailers anymore after Age of Ultron to preserve my enjoyment. Alas, I have no pleasant surprise but instead the same-old, though I loved the fight-choreography and the visuals for the most part in the two movies this year. Even a Marvel RT 100% wouldn't excite me anymore because that'd simply be the movie that aped Iron-Man 2008 best. I was hoping Doctor Strange would break that trend instead of re-enforcing it 10 fold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

I think the only tentpoles I unabashedly enjoyed were DEADPOOL and GHOSTBUSTERS. The rest are a mash of mostly lukewarm dislike or lukewarm like. Admittedly there are several I haven't seen yet. 

What about Mechanic with it's amazing fight scene?

I haven't actually gotten more jaded re: movies, quite the opposite. I feel like these days I get a more intense reaction when I see a truly great film. And even a good to mediocre movie might have something interesting or fresh that catches my eye. 

• Like 1

Just now, UrosepsisFace said:

movies getting 3+ trailers and so many preview clips kill the movie experience. 

This is true. Movies should look at the NATO guidelines, teaser 6 months out with a trailer 2-3 months out. Nothing from the 3rd act of the movie, and definitely don't pull a Zemeckis.

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

This feels weird, no one's yelling at each other? I guess if we coat our differing opinions in our shared fear of impending death it's all good

We aren't discussing franchises as they compare to each other. That always helps. I stopped visiting quite a few sites this year when all they seemed to be doing was stoking fan wars.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

This feels weird, no one's yelling at each other? I guess if we coat our differing opinions in our shared fear of impending death it's all good

Hell yeah. Just embrace the void and get ready for the Trumpocalypse. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

He did star in the greatest video ever made.

The editing puts Tele to shame.

What a wholesome guy.

Unlike that Fraudgers who doesn't even talk to his family anymore

• Like 1

I'm gonna spend the entire next month catching up with the promising foreign/lower-profile stuff from this year. The Invitation, Right Now Wrong Then, The Fits, High-Rise, Cameraperson, Certain Women, OJ: Made in America, Weiner, The Alchemist Cookbook, The Wailing, The Handmaiden, Elle, Divines, the Demme/Timberlake concert movie... Gonna be good. And hey I'm looking forward to Rogue One too.

• Like 1