75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

From what I'm seeing, demand for FB seems up compared to yesterday at Arclight locations in the evening shows.

But that's just a small sample. 

A couple more showtimes at certain locations would be welcome, but for some strange reason, it's pretty muted in that department compared to other movies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

So what the hell's going on.  Fantastic Beasts was solid.  I don't even know if the numbers are good or bad.  Were there meltdowns?  Does this thread deliver?  And most important of all, did MrPink lower his B+ grade?

Lots of meltdowns. Yes, it delivers (I have a post saying that on page 7). I don't know any numbers nor care at this moment. Waiting for something more solid.

@MrPink ask the man himself :P I think deep inside his heart he knows Interstellar is an A-.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Lots of meltdowns. Yes, it delivers (I have a post saying that on page 7). I don't know any numbers nor care at this moment. Waiting for something more solid.

@MrPink ask the man himself :P I think deep inside his heart he knows Interstellar is an A-.

I've been reading it.  On page 12 right now.  Jesus, this is a long weekend thread :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

From what I'm seeing, demand for FB seems up compared to yesterday at Arclight locations in the evening shows.

But that's just a small sample. 

A couple more showtimes at certain locations would be welcome, but for some strange reason, it's pretty muted in that department compared to other movies. 

Maybe WB is just trying to get it on screens over a certain size? Or maybe demand isn't strong enough for theaters to want to commit to extra show times. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Wait, wasn't the lead going to be black in this??

Also holy crap, she blew away loads of good actresses to get this role, that's impressive considering how many people actually seem to dislike her acting.

I sense like this could backfire on the internet.

I'll go to the correct thread to discuss this.

She could playing a different character, but really Star Wars isn't a series that's known for having the best acting in the world.

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

So what the hell's going on.  Fantastic Beasts was solid.  I don't even know if the numbers are good or bad.  Were there meltdowns?  Does this thread deliver?  And most important of all, did MrPink lower his B+ grade?

Lol no :redcapes:

2 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Maybe WB is just trying to get it on screens over a certain size? Or maybe demand isn't strong enough for theaters to want to commit to extra show times. 

According to Rallax theater, it seems more of the other way, as WB seemed to not have booked the movie for the biggest theater there.
I'm talking about theters, where all the evening shows are already at capacity.

Comparing this to Dr. Strange, this was on a much bigger count of screens, filling them up only slowly.
But Dr. Strange started in a very, very muted, if not dead marked and Disney had all the opportunities. 
And other than that, Disney probably can to anything in a theater with the current standing, miles ahead of any other studio. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

When is Monster Trucks releasing over there? :redcapes: 

It has a release date on April 20. I assume it will get cancelled in the meantime. I don't think they plan to release it at all.