75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

What is this third theme park at Universal Orlando? I would assume The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will expand but don't Universal have other things planned like a Secret Life of Pets ride? 

I'm not a theme park sort of person but Universal Orlando sounds great along with Disney World. Are Disneyland and Universal Studios in California any good, I went to the Warner Bros Studio Tour Hollywood as I only had a limited time in LA and the surrounding areas and thought it was excellent.

I thought the third gate was going to be a new waterpark 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

What is this third theme park at Universal Orlando? I would assume The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will expand but don't Universal have other things planned like a Secret Life of Pets ride? 

I'm not a theme park sort of person but Universal Orlando sounds great along with Disney World. Are Disneyland and Universal Studios in California any good, I went to the Warner Bros Studio Tour Hollywood as I only had a limited time in LA and the surrounding areas and thought it was excellent.

Universal bought 400+ acres in Orlando right next to the convention center. The logical thought is that they are going to build a new resort there with a third park, hotels and Citiwalk. 

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Double, cause the first one screwed up...

But Universal bought 400+ acres next to the Orlando Convention Center. The assumption is that the will build another resort there with a new park, hotels and Citiwalk. Nothing has been announced though.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

They've acquired new land and are expected to build a third gate on it, although they've announced nothing officially yet. Ironically this is land they once owned, then sold and have now bought back for a fortune. 

As for more Potter, there's much speculation that the third land will be based on the Ministry of Magic and go in the main Universal Studios park. 

There's tons of Dreamworks and Illumination properties, as well as the Nintendo deal they've done. I could see all of that maybe going into a third gate. Who knows. All guesswork at this point. 

Easily the most exciting times for Universal Orlando in many years though. The place is expanding rapidly. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

SLOP is happening in Hollywood but up in the air for Orlando.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DAR said:

I thought the third gate was going to be a new waterpark 

Yep, they're officially calling it the third Universal Orlando theme park. So if we're talking about yet another park it would be the 4th. And I don't really know where they have room for that? Considering they're squeezing Nintendo Land into the Studios park, I don't think they have a 4th park planned anytime soon or why not just put Nintendo Land there? 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Yep, they're officially calling it the third Universal Orlando theme park. So if we're talking about yet another park it would be the 4th. And I don't really know where they have room for that? 

They bought a lot of land by Lockheed Martin south of the resort.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

They bought a lot of land by Lockheed Martin south of the resort.

Ah. I still don't think a 4th gate would open before like 2025. Volcano Bay hits next year and they have several other big rides and projects in the making for the rest of this decade. If they want more Potter they don't need a whole new park. Again, demolish the rest of Lost Continent and that frees up a good chunk of room for Hogsmeade expansions and get rid of Fear Factor and build the Ministry of Magic over there next to Diagon Alley. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Have hope. Lucasfilm's new spinoff plans are built on your hope.

Hey you know what every piece of news about the Han solo spinoff has been pretty coo~

*Khaleesi joins the cast*

• Like 2

Man I am blockbustered out. If Rogue One's another in-one-ear-out-the-other affair...

Rogue One looks so damn unnecessary, its plot getting a mention in the first movie's opening scrawl was all that it deserved. It's as silly as doing a Han Solo prequel when the character came fully formed in the first SW.

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ah. I still don't think a 4th gate would open before like 2025. Volcano Bay hits next year and they have several other big rides and projects in the making for the rest of this decade. If they want more Potter they don't need a whole new park. Again, demolish the rest of Lost Continent and that frees up a good chunk of room for Hogsmeade expansions and get rid of Fear Factor and build the Ministry of Magic over there next to Diagon Alley. 

Is The Lost Continent not that popular? I'm surprised Fear Factor is still there, that show's been off the air for a long time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Is The Lost Continent not that popular? I'm surprised Fear Factor is still there, that show's been off the air for a long time.

The Lost Continent has been a joke ever since half of it was taken over by Potter. It's one of the areas Universal needs to fix eventually.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Man I am blockbustered out. If Rogue One's another in-one-ear-out-the-other affair...

Aye. Of all the $150M+ budget movies this year, I loved Warcraft, but every single other one has been somewhere between terrible and forgettable.

• Like 1