Water Bottle

Get Out | February 24th | Under Comedy/Musical Category at Golden Globes

On 4/22/2017 at 9:07 PM, Bishop54 said:

This movie.....

I like how it made me feel very uncomfortable for the first hour and then the M. Night type BS kicked in and I started hating it. Reminded me of The Visit in a way, which I despised.

The first hour or so is definitely better. The climax and resolution are meh... (The "twist" is decent though)...

• Like 1

the box office gross for this is still so impressive. I feel if it had Split's competition it could have had a small chance at 200 million tbh. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ban1o said:

the box office gross for this is still so impressive. I feel if it had Split's competition it could have had a small chance at 200 million tbh. 

Split, Get Out, and likely It, will make this a very solid year for the horror genre.

• Like 2

But honestly Get Out's success is just magnificent. Obviously the reviews helped it out a lot, but an original movie with no stars, and without the help of Oscar buzz to make this much is so impressive.  And don't  forget it that a week after it was released a 90 million OW opened, followed by a 60 million OW and then a 175 million OW/ 

Wish it did better WW but it is what is is. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

Wish it did better WW but it is what is is. 

It should end up doing at least a little better WW, some major market to open:

Russia 11 May 2017  
Hong Kong 18 May 2017  
Italy 18 May 2017  
Spain 19 May 2017  
Brazil 15 June 2017

Maybe it will reach The Blind side 17.2% intl business to not be the first one on that list:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/?pagenum=1&sort=ospercent&order=ASC&p=.htm

Just now, RandomJC said:
  Hide contents

Not bad, wouldn't have hated this ending. But the one in the film is much better.

Spoiler

This ending would've worked but the actual ending was so, so, so satisfying. This wouldn't have had you leaving on cloud nine like the actual one did. Plus it kind of diminishes the TSA guy's role on the movie. His character succeeding was one of the best parts IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I completely agree. It was more satisfying as a viewer, I also prefer happier endings.

• Like 5

Spoiler

Predictable and depressing alternate ending, and I don't mean that to be derisive. Glad with the one they chose for the theatrical release, after all....it's still kind of bittersweet for Chris to learn he was being .... farmed.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1