Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

If they're not special needs, I don't see how someone who's 6 couldn't easily get their shit ready.  At that age, they really only need a backpack and breakfast to eat.  Simple solution: Parents can pour in a bowl of cereal before they leave, kids put anything in their backpack that they'll need.  That simple.

I'm assuming your tongue is firmly pressed in cheek as you type.  But on the off hand chance.  Are you talking about a kid getting ready by himself and then the parents leaving until the bus comes? 

• Like 1

In high school I was always there for about 12 hours most days.  Between soccer and track practices/games/meets or in the off season showing up for intermural basketball or lift in the morning.   It was easy to stay there that long

Just now, That One Guy said:

Another solution to starting school at 10 AM: Allowing kids to come into school earlier if their parents need to leave for work earlier.  They can just go there and relax a bit, play outside maybe, etc. until school starts.

Some schools do have what is called a camp for before or afterschool.  But it's an hour before or after.

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'm assuming your tongue is firmly pressed in cheek as you type.  But on the off hand chance.  Are you talking about a kid getting ready by himself and then the parents leaving until the bus comes? 

I'm talking about parents helping their kid get ready for school a bit before leaving for work if they must.  If they don't feel comfortable with leaving their kid home alone at a certain age, maybe hire a babysitter to watch them before leaving?

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Well, if they can't get their shit ready in 2 hours at 6 years old, there's probably some kind of issue with them :)

As parent you have a legal supervisory duty. At least here. Means either yourself do it, or you organize someone suited to do it. 

I think in one other European country you even end before court for leaving up tp 12y old without supervision at home alone, like if you drive to buy groceries alone, the children at home watching TV.

I think that is a bit on the edge to over the top, but 6y olds regularly alone for 2-3 hours?

Have you any idea what 6y can have for strange ideas? 

If a kid hurts himself/herself like falling, cutting, ... playing with fire,... they seldom have an idea how to react, if even able still = parents can end in jail

• Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

I'm talking about parents helping their kid get ready for school a bit before leaving for work if they must.  If they don't feel comfortable with leaving their kid home alone at a certain age, maybe hire a babysitter to watch them before leaving?

I don't have kids but I can tell you it usually doesn't work that way.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

As parent you have a legal supervisory duty. At least here. Means either yourself do it, or you organize someone suited to do it. 

I think in one other European country you even end before court for leaving up tp 12y old without supervision at home alone, like if you drive to buy groceries alone, the children at home watching TV.

I think that is a bit on the edge to over the top, but 6y olds regularly alone for 2-3 hours?

Have you any idea what 6y can have for strange ideas? 

If a kid hurts himself/herself like falling, cutting, ... playing with fire,... they seldom have an idea how to react, if even able still = parents can end in jail

I should've cleared this up a bit, but maybe parents can hire a babysitter to watch their kids before they go on the bus.  I'm mostly just throwing shit at the wall and trying to find ways that 10AM school would work.

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I should've cleared this up a bit, but maybe parents can hire a babysitter to watch their kids before they go on the bus.  I'm mostly just throwing shit at the wall and trying to find ways that 10AM school would work.

The most people with children are the ones with rather not so much money to spare or spend.

Outside supervision is too expensive. If the parents work around that time, than the children are at school at that time. It is often difficult enough to find solutions for after the school.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

Sing looks like it'll be successful for Illumination but the underwhelming performance so far OS makes me wonder if it's going to perform more like The Lorax but on a slightly bigger scale which did well domestically but not so well OS rather than SLOP or Minions, 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1