Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

38 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

:welcome: to you too and have a lot of fun here

It is an interesting place to observe and find differing opinions = great!

what is bae?

I ran out of likes ... with a gold account. I want a diamond account.... Those here I store for getting new tidbits or wholeheartedly feeling the same or other mustnt miss to like later (in spoiler tag as too many), but there were a lot more posts I would have liked too

Reveal hidden contents

It means Before Anyone Else, it's a fairly new phrase created by black culture in America.

So for me to call you my bae, it means you're my favourite girl. In this context the favourite girl on BOT.

The Episodes and the Spin Offs shouldn't be compared.   This wasn't an "Event" Star Wars film but ironically it's performing like one anyway.   The brand name of "Star Wars" will always fill seats period.   If estimates hold, Disney should be very happy because this film doesn't feature really any "Fan Favorites".   Yes there are plenty of "Callbacks, fan service" for original Star Wars fans but no "Huge" Characters outside of a few cameos (Vader is clearly the biggest call back for original fans)   So 100 Million less OW than "Awakens" after all it's built up hype is great.   Christmas should sustain it's legs.  "Star Wars" films do 3x mutipler's in it's sleep as well.   Also this is the first time in film history that a new Star Wars film was released Theatrically in back to back years.   

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gamora said:

Well I just got back from my Saturday night IMAX showing, it was pretty full (I saw people in the very front row. Yikes @ the thought of that), and afterwards people clapped a bit, so that was cool.

@AABATTERY

Still the same crappy previews I got at the midnight showing, so yeah, they're not changing them for at least a few weeks. Why these morons aren't putting the second GotG Vol 2 trailer before the film is beyond me.

Where do you live? Australia? Its saturday morning here

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well with The Big Short last year, La La Land this year, and Blade Runner he seems to finally be adding some well known films to his resume beyond the Notebook. 

What about Drive?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blankments said:

Half my theater laughed hysterically at the end of the Cars 3 trailer. Only thing that got a bigger reaction was the last joke in Guardians trailer

This one dude said out loud "Lightning McQueen doesn't die, he becomes a meth addict" to which his female friend yelled a few seats over "OMG WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?!1"

At first I was wondering why these people were freaking out over the Cars 3 trailer, but then it dawned on me that they were around 8 when the first Cars came out. :sadben:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well with The Big Short last year, La La Land this year, and Blade Runner he seems to finally be adding some well known films to his resume beyond the Notebook. 

Don't forget The Nice Guys as well! That scene with him on the toilet still makes me laugh every time I think about it.

• Like 2

OMG I MADE IT TO THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wnRbpzu.gif

(*disclaimer to new members* I'm not a girl, I just surround myself in female stuff because hot chicks, so... don't hit on me... unless YOU'RE a girl)

And, GOOD, I CAN FEEL YOUR MONEY, Rogue One. 73M OD is damn good and right in line w/my 150M+ prediction.

• Like 1