Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

29 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Lets get real here?! Yes, lets! Avatar has no adjusted for inflation gross because its own gross IS adjusted for inflation, since it won the title over Titanic purely based on massively inflated ticket prices not whatsoever based on tickets sold. In tickets sold, TFA blew Avatar away, so it doesn't matter if it's 6 years later or not. It wasn't at any point close. And news flash I don't have to care about unrelated foreign grosses in markets where the dollar is strong because this is the NORTH AMERICAN box office forum. Are you in the wrong place? Here in Hollywood - you know, the place where movies are made and the capitol of the entertainment world - Force Awakens reigns as the highest grossing movie of all time. Long may it reign!

Someone got triggered.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Lets get real here?! Yes, lets! Avatar has no adjusted for inflation gross because its own gross IS adjusted for inflation, since it won the title over Titanic purely based on massively inflated ticket prices not whatsoever based on tickets sold. In tickets sold, TFA blew Avatar away, so it doesn't matter if it's 6 years later or not. It wasn't at any point close. And news flash I don't have to care about unrelated foreign grosses in markets where the dollar is strong because this is the NORTH AMERICAN box office forum. Are you in the wrong place? Here in Hollywood - you know, the place where movies are made and the capitol of the entertainment world - Force Awakens reigns as the highest grossing movie of all time. Long may it reign!

A very good mentality indeed, because judging by the OS numbers of Rogue one so far, TFA's international haul (lower than Furious 7 btw) is almost certainly a one time phenomenon that is not to be repeated by RO or EP8/EP9 to come (until of course, many years of inflation takes far future SW movies there).

So caring too much about Star Wars' international gross will  eventually lead to disappointments because Star Wars fans are so used to box office domination, most probably will hate the idea of actually having to compete for WW crowns on a yearly basis:)

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Image result for star wars rebels chopper

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

eric bana.

:rofl: 

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Tele how would you feel if Chopper ever showed up in Lab Rats.

We almost did a Star Wars episode. We also merged into an entirely unrelated series and combined the two into one universe. So... uh... I guess I wouldn't've minded? :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Bullshit.  I absolutely HATE Suicide Squad but I recognize that isn't even a cash grab.  The studio doesn't know what the fuck they are doing, but even that isn't a cash grab.  

Ice Age 5 is a cash grab.  Alvin and the Chipmunk's the Squeakuel is a cash grab.  

I liked Ice Age 5 :ph34r:

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

speaking of chopper though it's about time for andrew dominik to make another movie. he did some nick cave doc recently but my favourite directors doing musician docs is always such a whoooooo caaaaaares thing for me.

Maybe he could do the BOOMERANG movie.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yes and no. While Lucas has major problems as an actual filmmaker, he's a fantastic idea man. I would have been interested in what some of his ideas for E7 could have been like in the hands of more capable filmmakers. 

Some of those fantastic ideas included Howard the Duck and the Crystal Skull..... and the fridge, oh gawd, Indy survived a nuclear explosion in a fridge... (And don't believe the stories that it was Spielberg's idea, it was Lucas all along.)

• Like 1