Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

4 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Domestically? Yes, it should easily beat CW domestically unless it completely collapses.

I don't think it finishes #1 WW. SW movies tend to have lower dom/OS splits than other big blockbusters and I don't think it'll be big enough domestically to make up the difference. But it has a chance.

Unless it nears $600m domestic I don't think it comes near CW WW - unless China goes crazy.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

More from Deadline:

Now, some think Rogue One could tip to $70M today, and if that’s the case, it’s three-day will get closer to $150M. With so much pre-sold business, it’s hard for some analysts to see a trend this early. Weather is a bit of a factor this time around compared to last year. There were situations last night where Canadian advance ticket holders couldn’t get to the theater. Winter Storm Decima which is bringing a snowy, icy mess from the Rockies to the Northeast this weekend isn’t expected to close down any theaters, but still it could delay some moviegoers getting to the theater.

I can't like this enough.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Would be fitting for E8 to do right around 800 and E9 right around 900. 

If it follows the Star Wars 2nd in a trilogy pattern Ep8 will drop 30%+.  Though this one has the hook of having Luke for more than 5 seconds - presumably.

Edited by TalismanRing

Again, based on anecdotal evidence I can see and some that Rallax has, I could see the number surprising tonight and hitting mid $70's for Friday.  

Depends on weather and other factors, but there are a shitload of presales and now walk up business that was not on Thursday night.  Signs are pointing to the being non-front loaded.  

@Christmas Baumer might need to get props from me on this performing more like a spin off like Fantastic Beasts did where the preview number is big but not overwhelming but the true Friday number is bigger than expected.  

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Christmas Baumer said:

This is where I disagree with you massively once again. When a film opens to a record, and not just a little bit but by a massive amount, a record opening weekend and then has a 3.6 multiplier. That is definitely not just Nostalgia that is people actually enjoying the hell out of the film.

I have a theory that it was the hardcore fans going over and over again. I have no idea if it's correct or not, but we shall soon find out.