John Marston

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard pg 17) R1 about 15, Sing 11, Ass 4.5, Pass 4.1, Moana 2.2

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Those aren't exactly sterling audience scores...

They are good enough. It is downright laughable to rate movies that low. 18% is an 1.8/10 ffs. I actually remember seeing only one movie in my entire life that is worth that grade (Cabin Fever 2 I think said movie was). It's beyond ridiculous. The acting and the VFX alone are worth more. Now, I know that RT has a stupid system, but still.  

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

It amazes me how big the first two Hunger Games were, then how fast the series faded away 

It's a good example, how audiences go watch a good story and pass on the bad ones.

Mockingjay was a massive drop in quality, trying to be edgy and with that ruining it all. 

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

It amazes me how big the first two Hunger Games were, then how fast the series faded away 

When CF did 425, no one predicted the finale to be below 300.

In fact, after MJ1's 337, MJ2 was expected to cross 350 at least, being the last one and all.

Below 300 was a big surprise.

2 minutes ago, Xavier said:

Scott Mendelson has written about this, and the short (and scary) version is that what intrigued audiences in the story, was the arena-like killing of people, which changed after Catching Fire.

Need a high profile release of Battle Royale.

Just now, a2knet said:

When CF did 425, no one predicted the finale to be below 300.

In fact, after MJ1's 337, MJ2 was expected to cross 350 at least, being the last one and all.

Below 300 was a big surprise.

Yeah I remember when everyone R was talking about HG. It really was a fad 

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yeah I remember when everyone R was talking about HG. It really was a fad 

To be fair, it was a phenomenon. It is really hard to maintain huge levels of popularity over the years. I mean, you can count this kind of franchises on the fingers: HP, SW, maybe LOTR (won't get into CBMs, since that has kind of different working system) - all these franchises went beyond media impact; they've been culture changers. That doesn't take away from how huge Twilight, THG or 50 Shades were though.  

7 minutes ago, James said:

They are good enough. It is downright laughable to rate movies that low. 18% is an 1.8/10 ffs. I actually remember seeing only one movie in my entire life that is worth that grade (Cabin Fever 2 I think said movie was). It's beyond ridiculous. The acting and the VFX alone are worth more. Now, I know that RT has a stupid system, but still.  

I mean an 18% isn't a 1.8/10. The avg. score won't be good, but it's better than that. Audiences tend to be a lot more forgiving/easier to please than critics. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't mean critics are some evil force trying to tank movies though. 

6 minutes ago, James said:

18% is not an 1.8/10, those are two completely different things. 18% stands for 18 out of 100 people liking the movie, not how much they like it. The average score for Assassin's Creed is 4.1/10, the one for Collateral Beatuy 3.6/10 and the one for Passengers 5/10. So no, none of these movies get ranked anywhere near a 1.8 out of 10.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Totally.

Imagine being such a mean spirited person though that someone falling or talking about pizza (act or not) made you so vicious. It's demented.

Imagine taking SNL seriously and being offended that they'd joke about people. 

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I actually find that skit funny just because Ariana Grande absolutely nails JLaw's voice. In fact her entire episode was pretty good. Who knew The Donut Terrorist had decent comic chops?

I found it funny too. It's SNL. But yea I didn't know she had good comedic timing. The only thing I know her from is that Nick show and her voice irritates me to no end. Oh and as the donut licker!! 

Edited by Nova

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

The weird thing is that Ariana Grande said she hates America and she gets less hate than JLaw for trying to stay relatable. :kitschjob:

Given all that's gone down in 2016 she was just ahead of the curve.

:jeb!::jeb!::jeb!:

But, for fairness' sake, Grande has her own annoying quirks:

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

The weird thing is that Ariana Grande said she hates America and she gets less hate than JLaw for trying to stay relatable. :kitschjob:

Worse.

I haven't had a donut in over 3 years (damn you gluten!) . She had a chance to savor their donut goodness and what did she do?  She defiled them for other people.

She's evil.