FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Not to question RTH, but wonder if he was giving the true Friday number for Why Him instead of with Thursday preview, because it looks a lot more like $3.8m than $2.7m

How are Silence and A Monster Calls performing at their respective locations, if you know?

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Not to question RTH, but wonder if he was giving the true Friday number for Why Him instead of with Thursday preview, because it looks a lot more like $3.8m than $2.7m

I think it should be that way from all sources.  It gets frustrating otherwise.  If you look at the dailies and notice the small dip for Jackie from Wednesday to Thursday, i bet that is actually an increase.  Comparisons with opening day to the second day are just impossible for smaller releases.

• Like 1

I cannot help but notice, Collateral Beauty really scored with getting the most out of its two week run with screens.  So many older movies just got slaughtered with theater screen drops and Collateral Beauty is safe until 2017.   anyone else frustrated with Arrival?  It looks like its run to 100M is now indefinitely postponed.  And then it got disqualified from best score at the oscars (the only thing i was looking forward to at the oscars this year was this winning this category!).  Doctor Strange could have done great business but the remaining locatoins it is at have like 1 showing per day.  Trolls could have done well.  Allied would be perfect for a re-release.  Fantastic Beasts and Doctor Strange run at 250M is dead.  ughhh, and now its Moana vs Sing for 250.  Why does it always have to be the animated ones? i wish for once it was either a Marvel or a Harry Potter that could get to 250 or beyond

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

20 years ago Jerry Maguire, Michael, Scream and 101 Dalmatians were ruling the box office. 10 years ago it was Night at the Museum (which somehow became the second highest grossing film of the year) and The Pursuit of Happyness 

:sadben:

For but a brief moment of my life, I had forgotten about that movie.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Assuming actors can see the future and know if a movie will turn out good in the end is a very flawed premise.

Plus, no director works 2-3 years on a movie with the idea to make a turkey in mind, when they wake up each day in the morning.

"Let s make crap !" is one hell of an inner morning pep talk.

You were never this kind and understanding when Snyder's BvS got all those bad reviews. In fact, to this day you still love to dump on it. :D But of course, Passengers stars Jlaw, which gives it a...pass....

28 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

I cannot help but notice, Collateral Beauty really scored with getting the most out of its two week run with screens.  So many older movies just got slaughtered with theater screen drops and Collateral Beauty is safe until 2017.   anyone else frustrated with Arrival?  It looks like its run to 100M is now indefinitely postponed.  And then it got disqualified from best score at the oscars (the only thing i was looking forward to at the oscars this year was this winning this category!).  Doctor Strange could have done great business but the remaining locatoins it is at have like 1 showing per day.  Trolls could have done well.  Allied would be perfect for a re-release.  Fantastic Beasts and Doctor Strange run at 250M is dead.  ughhh, and now its Moana vs Sing for 250.  Why does it always have to be the animated ones? i wish for once it was either a Marvel or a Harry Potter that could get to 250 or beyond

Where have you been post 2001?

46 minutes ago, John Marston said:

20 years ago Jerry Maguire, Michael, Scream and 101 Dalmatians were ruling the box office. 10 years ago it was Night at the Museum (which somehow became the second highest grossing film of the year) and The Pursuit of Happyness 

1996 was a strong year. 

Scream, Jerry Maguire, The English Patient, Fargo, Secrets & Lies, Breaking the Waves, From Dusk Till Dawn, Transporting. Lots of good stuff. 

• Like 5

Seeing people living in LA freak out about rain is fascinating. It's like a peek into a different world each time. Meanwhile, here in the Midwest we have had zero degrees with wind chills at -20 or worse within the last week and people put a layer or two on and go about their day. 

5 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

1996 was a strong year. 

Scream, Jerry Maguire, The English Patient, Fargo, Secrets & Lies, Breaking the Waves, From Dusk Till Dawn, Transporting. Lots of good stuff. 

Independence Day, Mars Attacks!, Eraser, The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Craft, Chain Reaction, Crow: City of Angels, The Frighteners, Stephen King's Thinner, The Arrival, White Squall, Hellraiser 4: Bloodline, Bordello of Blood, Screamers, Bound, Lawnmower Man 2.

^^ I am very bored.  Waiting for Deadline to update the #s so i can go to bed!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

1996 was a strong year. 

The more I think about Dusk Till Dawn, the better it gets.

96 also had The Long Kiss Goodnight. The Rock, Happy Gilmore, Multiplicity, and Dead Man.

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

Actually had already stated few hrs ago that it would more than like go over 3 but doubted it would hit the est of 4 :)

• Like 8