FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

Great Tuesday all around - obviously the drops seem harsh in comparison to what we are used to but when stacked with the Huge Monday # they even out and tomorrow should be much lower as far as drops go (but drops across the board none the less.)

9 minutes ago, narniadis said:

@terrestrial WB and Sony generally don't release actuals until after the 2nd if I remember from years past. Used to be that all of the studios only gave estimates from 12/23 to January 3rd but that has changed in recent years.

Thank you, I guessed / had a slight memory about that, but wasn't sure if it was based on the long holiday possible with less days taken calendar thing of last year. :)

I'll add the hint the next time too, as I remember to get quoted rather often about: that are no finals, what is... :)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

Theater was an absolute monster today. I had to park in the streets -- the cinema parking lot was full, as well as the adjacent Wal-Mart and restaurant lots.

Who dares set foot in such a hellish landscape, where every inch is covered with the molten remnants of countless footsteps?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

This, and also TFA/R1 show that other large-but-not-huge openers like THE HOBBIT are reasonable comps as well. 

No No NO!!!!  You can only compare to another movie that opens to 248M (give or take 5$) on December 18th, when the weather is not too snowy and the competition is not too Illuminationy.  Any other comparison is wrong and don't you dare say those TFA legs are nothing short of EXTRASUPERFABULOUS!!!!!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

The consensus that RotS is (at all) better than TPM and AotC is one of life's great mysteries. Absolutely terrible movie.

more lightsaber battles, no jar jar, no little kid, no awkward love story, some things actually happen making the movie not totally pointless even though its executed really clumsily

• Like 3

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Just ran some projections and came out to around $450m for Rogue One through January 2nd. Could go a bit higher, could go a bit lower. But 450 seems like a good target for this time period.

Did the same and came up with 445. I'm trying to be decently conservative though. A lot depends on how much it drops today, should be relatively flat tomorrow. An extra million or two today means it could make another 10m+ over the period depending on how it holds.

• Like 4

Will Wednesday drop at all from Tuesday?  In 2011 the top 10 added up to 45.6m on Tuesday, and 41.6m on Wednesday.  If that ratio holds for R1 it'll be about 20.5m today.  However I could easily see a scenario where discount tuesday reduced revenue relative to admissions more than admissions will go down today leading to revenue holding more or less even similar to TFA's first and second Tue-Wed holds.

• Like 3