FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

1 minute ago, jandrew said:

Just got an ad for Passengers and it was a sexy love story. Yet last week the ads I saw were space thriller/why did we wake up.

Man which is it?

The twist is that it's all genres at any given moment. The ship travels through a trope singularity, and complications ensue.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

The twist is that it's all genres at any given moment. The ship travels through a trope singularity, and complications ensue.

I dont know if you're being sarcastic or not lol, all I know is theyve seemed to have abandoned the "why did we wake up?" angle.

Which is a shame because that was a much more intriguing selling point than "look, theyre making out in space!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

I doubt Passengers cost $110M. The reality is probably closer to $150M. And JLaw gets 30% of the profit ? Sony must be so pissed that they threw all that money at her. 

I refuse to believe that back-end figure. That would be an insanely bad contract on Sony's part.

• Like 1

Also in regards to connections within the industry...yea sure who you know matters but you don't have a lasting career because of that. You may get a shot but it's up to you to make sure that shot lasts. And it's like that with any job too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

Also in regards to connections within the industry...yea sure who you know matters but you don't have a lasting career because of that. You may get a shot but it's up to you to make sure that shot lasts. And it's like that with any job too. 

But getting a shot is extremely important. Most struggling actors are waiting tables waiting for their chance and she comes out of nowhere and gets the jobs.

Edited by Alli
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

But getting a shot is extremely important. Most struggling actors are waiting tables waiting for their chance and she comes out of nowhere and gets the jobs.

Never said it wasn't. But the same is true for anyone -- if you don't have the connections, you have to make the connections.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jandrew said:

I dont know if you're being sarcastic or not lol, all I know is theyve seemed to have abandoned the "why did we wake up?" angle.

There is a reason for that. The entire "Why did we wake up?" is 

Spoiler

a red herring with a bad/plot-breaking explanation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Again as we continue to say Moana is behaving normally it lost more screens on Friday and will lose more on Sunday as well. It's not this weekend but all of next week that matters. 

Some of yall are just dense and not listening. 

The forum members set way too high expectations on Moan pre-release. Anyone suggesting below 300M was called crazy because Frozen/Zootopia. It will end up having a perfectly decent run with no surprises from day 2 onwards. The big OD also set people's projections too high, post that it has followed the holiday pattern to a T.

• Like 3

Moana is holding MUCH better than Tangled and that fudged legged its way to $200 million.  Moana is following Toy Story 2's run decades ago to a T and will most likely come in a little bit higher than Toy Story 2 at around $250 million which would put it in the Top 20 of highest grossing animated films of all time.  If you think about it, there have been THREE animated features that hit $300 million this year and countless more that hit $100 million.  2016 has been a monstrous year for animation and Sing and Moana will end it on the perfect note with each possibly coming in above $240 million.  It's not always about the smaller picture but rather the bigger one.  What other box office year can boast that it saw FIVE animated films cross $200 million: the so called blockbuster threshold?  Moana and Sing will end what has been an EXEMPLARY year for animation not only in the U.S but as well as globally on a HIGH NOTE and that in and of itself is an accomplishment.  

Edited by CelestialFairyIX
  • Like 5