FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

29 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

No wonder she acts the way she does. :angry:

However, I am sure that there are other actresses who were born with a silver spoon and still manage not to come across as entitled, immature, and all-around fake, like Ms. Lawrence.

Wrong "actress", heh.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Her entire family is quite wealthy though. She had a career bought for her. I know this is a common thing in the industry, but I'm still pointing it out. I mean she has a frigging documentary about her coming out. 

37 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

No wonder she acts the way she does. :angry:

However, I am sure that there are other actresses who were born with a silver spoon and still manage not to come across as entitled, immature, and all-around fake, like Ms. Lawrence.

36 minutes ago, Alli said:

They were talking about cara Delevigne....i think. lol

Early life

Jennifer Shrader Lawrence was born on August 15, 1990, in Indian Hills, Kentucky, the daughter of Gary Lawrence, a construction worker, and Karen (née Koch), a children's camp manager.[1][2] She has two older brothers, Ben and Blaine.[2] Lawrence was educated at the Kammerer Middle School in Louisville.[3] She describes her childhood as an "unhappy" experience, as she suffered from hyperactivity and social anxiety and considered herself a misfit among her peers.[2][4] Lawrence says that her anxieties would "disappear" when she performed onstage and that acting "made me happy because I felt capable whereas before I felt good for nothing".[4]

A cheerleader at school, Lawrence also played several sports, including softball, field hockey and basketball, which she played on a boys team that her father coached. Her mother did not allow her to play with other girls as she deemed her "too rough".[3] Lawrence was particularly fond of horseback riding and made daily visits to a local horse farm.[5] She has a deformed coccyx from being thrown off a horse.[6] Describing her ambitions as a child, Lawrence has said, "I always had a very normal idea of what I wanted: I was going to be a mom and I was going to be a doctor and I was going to live in Kentucky. But I always knew that I was going to be famous."[2] When her father worked from home, she would perform for him, often dressing up as a clown or ballerina.[7] Her first acting assignment was at the age of nine with the role of a prostitute in a church play based on the Book of Jonah that led to a family friend telling her mother, "We don't know if we should congratulate you or not, because your kid's a great prostitute".[3] For the next few years, Lawrence continued to take parts in church plays and school musicals.[3]

During a family vacation to New York City, when Lawrence was 14 years old, she was spotted by a talent scout who arranged for her to audition for agents.[8][9] Lawrence's mother was not keen on allowing her to pursue an acting career, but briefly moved to the city to let Lawrence read for roles.[3] After Lawrence's first cold reading, the agents said that her reading was the best they had heard from someone that young; however, her mother convinced her that they were lying.[10] Describing her early experiences, Lawrence says: "It was hard at first. I didn't have any friends. I remember being kind of lonely."[3] She signed on with the CESD Talent Agency, who convinced her parents to let her audition for roles in Los Angeles. Lawrence's mother agreed to let her pursue acting on the condition that she graduate from high school. Lawrence was eventually home-schooled in Los Angeles, and graduated two years early with good grades.[9][11] Considering acting to be a natural fit for her, she turned down several offers for modelling assignments at the time.[8] Between her acting jobs in the city, she made regular visits to Louisville, during which she served as an assistant nurse at her mother's camp.[12]

• Like 11

Compare J-Law's background to this:

Delevingne was born in Hammersmith, London, the daughter of Pandora Anne Delevingne (née Stevens) and property developer Charles Hamar Delevingne. She grew up in Belgravia, London, one of the wealthiest districts in the world.[15][16]

Delevingne has two older sisters, Chloe and model Poppy Delevingne. Her godfather is Condé Nast executive Nicholas Coleridge[17][18][19] and her godmother is actress Joan Collins.[20] Delevingne's maternal grandfather was publishing executive and English Heritage chairman Sir Jocelyn Stevens,[15][18] the nephew of magazine publisher Sir Edward George Warris Hulton and the grandson of newspaper proprietor Sir Edward Hulton, 1st Baronet.[21][22] Her paternal great-grandfather was the Canadian-born British politician Hamar Greenwood, 1st Viscount Greenwood,[9][15] and her maternal grandmother Janie Sheffield was lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret.[15][23] Through one of her maternal great-great-grandfathers, Sir Lionel Lawson Faudel-Phillips, 3rd Baronet, Delevingne descends from the Anglo-Jewish Faudel-Phillips baronets; two of her ancestors on that line served as Lord Mayor of London.[24][25][26]

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I'm not sure what we're arguing at this point. :lol: Is anyone denying she comes from a wealthy family? Or that JLaw doesn't? Or that JLaw is more talented than her?

Just clearing up a misconception in the thread about JLaw's background. :)

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I'm not sure what we're arguing at this point. :lol: Is anyone denying she comes from a wealthy family? Or that JLaw doesn't? Or that JLaw is more talented than her?

no, we are arguing if the bird is the word or Grease is the word.  Keep up

otherwise i have no idea what is being argued any more :P 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Ghostbusters was a bad film and personified everything wrong with 2016.

This is the only site where I see people defend this film.

8 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

I can point you to some more if you'd like? However, it might require you to remove your head from the ground.

8 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Nah it was quite a bit better.

8 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Agreed with the first part, don't know if this is the only site but defense is scarce for sure. Unnecessary sequel/reboot, too expensive, one star with limited appeal (opens cheap movies), "progress" cited as more important than quality, fake controversy. It flopped deservedly.

Miss Sloane is another huge flop. 

8 hours ago, Nova said:

Defense is scarce for Ghostbusters because most other places aren't openly discussing. This is the only site I've been to where folks are still discussing it. For such a "mediocre and terrible" movie that some of you guys claim it is, you sure spend so much damn time talking about it. 

This collective effort of a drag though.

d2P8Nxg.gif

• Like 2

Speaking of worthless talentless wastes of life and space, I had the misfortune of seeing a bit of this year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and happened upon the younger KarTRASHian (dunno their names, the one that came out of the dad's nut who is faking being trans for attention, not the dad spinning in his grave) and she couldn't even walk the runway. I've never seen such black holes of talent. Forget acting. Forget singing. Forget anything that demanding. WALKING down the runway. She couldn't even do that. 

• Like 2

Just now, La Binoche said:

Speaking of worthless talentless wastes of life and space, I had the misfortune of seeing a bit of this year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and happened upon the younger KarTRASHian (dunno their names, the one that came out of the dad's nut who is faking being trans for attention, not the dad spinning in his grave) and she couldn't even walk the runway. I've never seen such black holes of talent. Forget acting. Forget singing. Forget anything that demanding. WALKING down the runway. She couldn't even do that. 

pAQ2WbP.gif