FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

3 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

TFA's legs were incredible, December or not. It opened to $250m for god's sake, that's a huge amount of demand burned off. Obviously it had a bigger multi than it would have in Summer, but it was pretty spectacular nonetheless.

Yup. It's asinine to try and say otherwise. I was seeing crowds in January, up to a month out after release that other movies would've loved to have had on opening weekend. That box office run was incredible and a ton of fun to follow.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Speaking of worthless talentless wastes of life and space, I had the misfortune of seeing a bit of this year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and happened upon the younger KarTRASHian (dunno their names, the one that came out of the dad's nut who is faking being trans for attention, not the dad spinning in his grave) and she couldn't even walk the runway. I've never seen such black holes of talent. Forget acting. Forget singing. Forget anything that demanding. WALKING down the runway. She couldn't even do that. 

:jeb!: 

6 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

Passengers was a snooze fest and just felt like a waste.  *audience watches two of the most beautiful, likeable actors for 2 hours* doesn't cut it as a screenplay.

Audiences watched Tom Hanks talk to a volley ball for damn near two hours. Make it compelling and people will care. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

Audiences watched Tom Hanks talk to a volley ball for damn near two hours. Make it compelling and people will care. 

I can count several movies that have this kind of set up. People will watch as long as it interests them and is well written. 

I know it's not that popular on here but one of my favorite movies of this year alone was The Shallows. Ironically it was also released by Sony. I was interested in that film the moment I saw the trailer. Very simple. Not much to it. I liked it a lot. Then again I'm a sucker for shark movies and thrillers so it was my type of movie. 

But ive also noticed some on here enjoy Passengers so I guess it all depends on the individual. 

The one thing imo that Sony got right with The Shallows that they didn't get right with Passengers is the marketing. In my opinion, the marketing for the former was really good. Passengers was a hot mess. 

1 hour ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Ladies and gentlemen, you're not in Kansas anymore, you're in Pandora. 

There is an indigenous population called the Nav'i. They are very hard to kill.

except there's a cream for that now.

• Like 1

OT post ~ groups at/in the weekend-threads are often to me = I do not understand the half of this (mentioned names, cultural quotes (loose in translation, I do not know the English version maybe),...)

At some weekends more, at some less.

Am I right if feeling the last some hours here seem to be especially weird?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

It seems like it's been really easy to predict since OW so far. Not a lot of surprise in either direction.

It's been matching Sherlock Holmes 2 relatively closely so far from Monday on. Usually no more than 5% swing either way.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

It's been decided. The family Christmas movie tomorrow will be La La Land.

Came down to that and Lion. Passengers had been the presumptive favorite until the bad reviews torpedoed its chances.

Rofl my cousin made the same switch...

In b4 LLL makes more than Pass :sadben:

Edited by XO21