WrathOfHan

WrathOfHan's Controversial 2017 Box Office Predictions

2 hours ago, fracfar said:

If TMNT hadn't come out in 2014, then GOTG would have been #1 for 6 weeks in a row. August was that barren, and it looks fairly uncompetitive now. Plus, there's gonna be a shitton of hype and goodwill from the original. Pratt is also a bit more prominent, so he can help. 

I think GOTG will do 125/406 (3.25x)

I see around the same final domestic take, but a much bigger opening weekend and, therefor, weaker legs.

The Mummy: People on here are underestimating this film. The first trailer exploded online and has some of the highest trailer views for any 2017 movie. Additionally, the IMAX trailer with messed up audio exploded and got people talking more. Do not underestimate how much people love The Mummy. The first film adjusts to 260M, and the second adjusts to 303M. Even The Scorpion King adjusts to 133M! If they had 3D and large formats, the first would have grossed over 300M and the second might have approached 400M. Tom Cruise hasn’t had a big hit lately outside of the Mission Impossible series, but he can be a big draw in the right role. I have had enough of people saying these predictions aren’t controversial. Many have gone outside of the normal range, but people still blast me for this. You want some fucking controversy? I’ll give it to you. The Mummy is going to do to the Monsters Cinematic Universe what Iron Man did to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (I’m just realizing they have the same initials :lol: ). The biggest box office hits come unexpected, and The Mummy has all the right components to break out: a bankable star, buzz, and nostalgia. A Cruise Missile is incoming. You’ve been warned.  

Spoiler

130/350 (2.69x)

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Mummy: People on here are underestimating this film. The first trailer exploded online and has some of the highest trailer views for any 2017 movie. Additionally, the IMAX trailer with messed up audio exploded and got people talking more. Do not underestimate how much people love The Mummy. The first film adjusts to 260M, and the second adjusts to 303M. Even The Scorpion King adjusts to 133M! If they had 3D and large formats, the first would have grossed over 300M and the second might have approached 400M. Tom Cruise hasn’t had a big hit lately outside of the Mission Impossible series, but he can be a big draw in the right role. I have had enough of people saying these predictions aren’t controversial. Many have gone outside of the normal range, but people still blast me for this. You want some fucking controversy? I’ll give it to you. The Mummy is going to do to the Monsters Cinematic Universe what Iron Man did to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (I’m just realizing they have the same initials :lol: ). The biggest box office hits come unexpected, and The Mummy has all the right components to break out: a bankable star, buzz, and nostalgia. A Cruise Missile is incoming. You’ve been warned.  

Reveal hidden contents

It has begun.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Hide contents

130/350 (2.69x)

Now we are talking. Do NOT disappoint me with Valerian. 

39 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Hide contents

130/350 (2.69x)

Al59CpV.gif

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Reveal hidden contents

• Like 2

16 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

June 2:

Captain Underpants: I thought Wimpy Kid was too outdated to revive and Boss Baby would become one of DreamWorks’s lowest grossing films, but Captain Underpants had to come along. If this movie came out 10 years ago, it might have done decently, but it’s waaaaaaaaaaaaay too late to be making this movie. DreamWorks should be thankful for Universal’s buyout and Shrek 5 on the horizon. They need it. 20/60 (3x)

Way, way too low.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Reveal hidden contents

:apocalypse:

You can't be serious. the movie has flop written all over it.  I was close with my Passengers club. I will be close with this one too

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

For OW? Maybe.

It's not gonna be that high for OW. Tom Cruise doesn't have that  much hype. 

edit: changed my mind, I don't think this will make above $100m. @La La Panda you should take away your like lol

Edited by fracfar
  • Like 1

Just now, elcaballero said:

You have Wonder Woman and The Mummy both getting to $130m OW, within a week of each other? I just don't see it happening.

Same. I think The Mummy will get $130m DOM total, not OW. Much more realistic.