Impact

Best Picture predictions-2017!

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

(Moonlight - teenager from the culture that looks down upon gays falls in love with an adult man, has sex on the beach

Aren't they the same age ? From what I heard of CMBYN they sound like completely different movie, a bit like saying 10 movies featuring heterosexual in a row is strange or boring......

Anyway your comment make little sense, it is certain that 3 Billboard will win this year, you said so as recently as last week no ?

• Like 1

Just now, 4815162342 said:

I think Valonqar's just a little salty because he was claiming a month-plus ago that he heard the early word on The Post and that it was no bueno.

I didn't claim I've heard. Clayton Davis claimed, I was just a messenger.

@Barnack I don't want 3B to win either when there are genre options such as Get Out and TSOW. 

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

@Barnack I don't want 3B to win either when there are genre options such as Get Out and TSOW. 

Not sure the link between that and my message, why are you talking about The Post or CMBYN chance of winning if it is a done deal that 3B has already won ? Or were you not serious when you said that also ?

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure the link between that and my message, why are you talking about The Post or CMBYN chance of winning if it is a done deal that 3B has already won ? Or were you not serious when you said that also ?

I'm serious. I think AMPAS will go for another forgettable movie that they deem the most politically relevant at the moment of giving out awards. And that's 3B in my estimation at least atm cause of HarveyGate. 

Oh, just found out Gotham gave Get Out eevrything they could EXCEPT Picture, that unexplicably went to CMBYN. Chickens cheep cheep. 

tumblr_m64j6dq5is1rskk8io7_500.gif

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Oh, FFS, are they really going to award exactly the same movies they awarded last year (Moonlight - teenager from the culture that looks down upon gays falls in love with an adult man, has sex on the beach) and the year before (Spotlight - uncorrupted journos uncover zeitgeist scandal of the moment)? Seriously, screw this awards season if this repetitive shit is gonna win again! 

So they are the same movies because they feature gay men? 

And a quality movie should be disqualified from winning an award because "a gay film already won before"?

Edited by Ithil
  • Like 1

CMBYN apart from featuring gay characters is not like Moonlight in any way shape or form. Not a message movie either unless you wanna get indignant at a movie being cool with gay people. If you're gonna rail against it as a possible winner then you should also rail against Get Out cause both it and Moonlight are about black people.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ithil said:

So they are the same movies because they feature gay men? 

And a quality movie should be disqualified from winning an award because "a gay film already won before"?

LOL, as you can see, I mentioned 2 identical journalism movies too but you got your panties in a twist only over the gay one. Well sucks that both gay and journalism sub-genre are formulaic af so they do feel like watching the same shit over and over. Same complaint that you hear about CBM

Edited by Valonqar

13 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

CMBYN apart from featuring gay characters is not like Moonlight in any way shape or form. Not a message movie either unless you wanna get indignant at a movie being cool with gay people. If you're gonna rail against it as a possible winner then you should also rail against Get Out cause both it and Moonlight are about black people.

I need to say that Get Out's racial themes and CMBYN's gender themes separate those films by quite a large margin. Neither of the films are in any way shape or form TOO similar to Moonlight in my opinion, and that's a good thing.

But I think people should be allowed to rail against CMBYN without having to rail against Get Out. It's all personal preference, really. If someone wants to root for Get Out, but doesn't want to root for CMBYN, then they should be allowed to do what they want to do.

This is coming from a guy that has yet to see either film. I want to see Get Out, and I'm considering increasing my interest in watching CMBYN, only to challenge myself and potentially see what Sufjan Stevens might have seen when he decided to write songs for the film. But what if I love Get Out and dislike CMBYN? Hopefully I'll be able to say that I disliked CMBYN without being called a hateful bigot.

Of course, a bunch of this rant is probably incredibly obvious to everyone who cares enough to read it, but I felt like I should say it anyway.

32 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LOL, as you can see, I mentioned 2 identical journalism movies too but you got your panties in a twist only over the gay one. Well sucks that both gay and journalism sub-genre are formulaic af so they do feel like watching the same shit over and over. Same complaint that you hear about CBM

5-10% of the population is gay, 0.01% are journalist, calling court room, or journalist a sub-genre and talking about having many of them in the same year if more than 1% of the movies feature them is widely different than for an extremely common sexual orientation, featuring gay character is not really a genre like origin story CBM or noir detective are.

Have you at least seen the movies ? And are you at least complaining about Star wars 10 and CBM 25 by the same amount ?

22 minutes ago, Barnack said:

5-10% of the population is gay, 0.01% are journalist, calling court room, or journalist a sub-genre and talking about having many of them in the same year if more than 1% of the movies feature them is widely different than for an extremely common sexual orientation, featuring gay character is not really a genre like origin story CBM or noir detective are.

Have you at least seen the movies ? And are you at least complaining about Star wars 10 and CBM 25 by the same amount ?

I call repetitive formula when I see one regardless of genre. But because I criticized repetitiveness in 2 movies slated for Best Picture, and one of them being on PC don't-dare-say-something-that-isn't-praise list, some people here are up in arms. Meh. 

Edited by Valonqar

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I call repetitive formula when I see one regardless of genre. But because I criticized repetitiveness in 2 movies slated for Best Picture, and one of them being on PC don't-dare-say-something-that-isn't-praise list, some people here are up in arms. Meh. 

Not even sure you have seen it, I have not either, making that conversation just surrealist really, because that movie does not look or feel anything like Moonlight.

People disagree that it is a repetitive formula here. Was there even an age difference element in Moonlight, they went to school together.

Edited by Barnack

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

nobodies arms are up in the air. your point literally doesn't make sense and people are letting you know. the movies aren't that similar. but those "everybody gives me shit for calling it like it is!" guys on the internet are always so rational, i know.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

The only person with their panties in a twist here is the guy ranting that movies with gay people or journalists in them should be banned from receiving Oscars for some period of years.

Do you watch movies or do you just read their genres and lump them together?

Edited by Ithil

Edited by KeepItU25071906

9 minutes ago, Ithil said:

The only person with their panties in a twist here is the guy ranting that movies with gay people or journalists in them should be banned from receiving Oscars for some period of years.

Do you watch movies or do you just read their genres and lump them together?

banned? I never said banned. I said they are repetitive. On what planet repetitive = banned?