grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

As a huge DC fan I have zero interest in watching this.
Looks very generic and this whole 'DC hierarchy of power is about to change' seems ridiculous. 
I like Dwayne Johnson, but he won't allow any DC character to overshadow him on any movie.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 2

1 hour ago, Eric-occhio said:

Apparently the audience didn't notice this six-foot gigantic man with tribal tattoos in the crowd.

Having been in test screenings in this very theater on the WB lot, I can vouch for that being a possibility.

The filmmakers don't sit through the movie, they only come out at the end and the audience which they have left behind for the final focus group is just waiting to leave and not exactly focusing on who else is in the room. And six foot gigantic tattooed men isn't that out of place for the security teams they have during the screenings to ensure no one is trying to record stuff.

I've been in a lot of test screenings and I don't think I've ever scanned the rest of the audience once the screening is done. You just want to submit your feedback and get out after having been separated from your wallets and phones for 3 hours or so.

• Like 5

I’ll give this movie two things; the costumes look good and it clearly isn’t afraid of showing off the powers of these characters.  If this had come out several years earlier, I actually do think it could’ve done pretty well. I’m just not sure if there’s much of an appetite for something like this in the 2020s. 

• Like 1

Very low trailer views/likes. After more than a day WB+DC YouTube it's at 5.6m views and just 156k likes. It was always going to drop from trailer 1, but this is extremely steep (for comparison, the first trailer is currently at 31m views and 829k likes across the 2 main channels). 

Edited by Menor Reborn

Official BA twitter account has over 12m views on the trailer and reactions seem really positive, honestly think people are underestimating this (barring some morbius level reviews) I see 200m+ domestic and over 650m ww with China being a massive market for it 

• Like 1