kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

4 hours ago, Weird Alegion said:

1M likes achieved. Feels a bit weak to me but of course the circumstances are rather apples and oranges.

1M likes ain't what it used to be....

Had this not played with NWH, it would be over 1.5M at least. Also it's interesting how the DSITMOM trailer hit 1M with only 15M views while the latest 'Batman' trailer is over 36M views and also at 1M likes. 

On 12/24/2021 at 4:34 AM, Noctis said:

Elizabeth Olsen is top-tier. Motherfucker should get her damn film. 

"The Scarlet Witch" coming in 2025. After she discovers she has the X-Gene and meets her biological father, Erik Lensherr Wanda freaks out and resurrects her mutant brother, Pietro Maximoff. She is convinced by her father that the world treats her like a freak and tried to hide her true identity from her. The Avengers tried to hide her true identity from her. He wants to reconnect with her and welcome her to his Brotherhood with people just like her.

Pay me Kevin Feige.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

1.2m likes seems to be where it will settle, pretty lame for a movie like this (would suggest maybe 120m OW?), but obviously extenuating circumstances apply. 

More than either Batman trailer. You don't think that means $100M for it, do you? 

4 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

More than either Batman trailer. You don't think that means $100M for it, do you? 

MCU vs DC are not equivalent, especially post Endgame. I mean even Shang-Chi and Eternals got their first trailers over 800k. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

5 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

As I've said, trailer stats pretty weak but also pretty much unusable. I don't love it's placement on fandango most anticipated though.

Gotta repeat NWH leak based marketing :Venom:

To be fair, Fandango polled people in the first three weeks of December, before Doctor Strange 2 was really given the huge spotlight it has now. Recency bias is always a factor with these "most anticipated" lists.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

As I've said, trailer stats pretty weak but also pretty much unusable. I don't love it's placement on fandango most anticipated though.

Gotta repeat NWH leak based marketing :Venom:

Ehh, I'm not concerned with that. ATSV isn't going to make more domestically than Thor 4, DS2, The Batman or Avatar 2 but according to that list it's "more anticipated" than all of them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RiddlerXXR said:

Ehh, I'm not concerned with that. ATSV isn't going to make more domestically than Thor 4, DS2, The Batman or Avatar 2 but according to that list it's "more anticipated" than all of them. 

Again, these Fandango lists are hit hard by recency bias. Spider-Verse had its first trailer come out during the polling process. When you factor this being the biggest, splashiest new trailer, and Spidey-Mania in general during those first three weeks of December...yeah, that's going to boost it up quite a bit. Same reason why Avatar's only at #7. There's no marketing materials for some of the other films above it, but Jurassic and Thor are franchises that are in the limelight more, so it makes sense they're above Avatar, despite it being an easy contender for #1 next year.

The thing about these top 10s is that their exact rankings don't really matter too much. It's more just a signal about what should be comfortable, safe bets to be some of the year's biggest hits, and to a lesser extent how well the promotions and advertising for the winter/spring fare are going to hook the masses, since they have more marketing materials out there. Yeah there's one or two films that don't make much, but the likes of Glass/Dumbo/Wrinkle in Time/Fifty Shades is, yet again, recency bias, as well as poor critical reception.

Basically, take these things with face value, and only on the assumption that the majority of the top 10 will be in the overall top 10 of the year.

I once sat by a Disney exec at a test screening. They said something to the extent of the test screening would give them an idea of how to market the film and how much. I feel if tracking ends up low, Marvel will up their game and show some rumored cameos. If tracking is high, everything will be a surprise. I think it will fall somewhere in the middle. We see some big multiverse stuff in the trailers, but lots of big surprises left for the theater.

Speculation:

Spoiler

I really hope we get Chris Evans Human Torch in this.

• Like 1