kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

On 12/30/2021 at 7:32 AM, Wormow said:

That seems more a write-up of what the content producer saw in the teaser, more than anything.

As someone who works in an international marketing branch for a global movie distributor/producer, we aren't really given anything outside of what the domestic (US) marketing team will be marketing in a given time frame. 

Interesting, what company do you work for?

On 12/30/2021 at 10:17 PM, Madhuvan said:

And it's really dumb that Marvel is not giving her the spotlight she deserves on big screen. 

I have heard with reshoots they made the movie more DS centric. Which is dumb af. 

Which may be a good thing as rumors (by which I mean Grace, so grain of salt) have it that

Spoiler

The original cut portrayed Wanda as batshit crazy and pulling some irredeemable Season 8 Dany Targaryen level shit to the point that test audiences were up in arms against it. Better to have reduced screen time than be character assassinated.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Which may be a good thing as rumors (by which I mean Grace, so grain of salt) have it that

Hide contents

The original cut portrayed Wanda as batshit crazy and pulling some irredeemable Season 8 Dany Targaryen level shit to the point that test audiences were up in arms against it. Better to have reduced screen time than be character assassinated.

Wanda is there most popular female Superhero. And Easily the 2nd or 3rd most popular Superhero of this new generation after Spider-man and maybe Doctor Strange. 

I hope they don't destroy her character for shock value. After Wandavision anything can happen. I just hope Feige has chosen right way to portray her journey. 

I'll admit I went on a Saturday matinee showing, but I don't remember anybody losing their mind or cheering at the screen when Wanda popped up at the trailer. I'm not saying she's unpopular or anything, but you lot are acting as if she's bigger than Iron Man and that if she's not in every frame the movie will suffer and be doomed forever. Like chill.

• Like 6

Well, for what it's worth, when the trailer leaked I remember watching it on YouTube and the screams at her reveal were real and numerous

Also she placed 2nd and 3rd on a couple big popularity polls on /r/marvelstudios recently (thousands of votes)

Doesn't say much but it does say something

As for the GA though? No idea. I guess we'll see on May 6th

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

Well, for what it's worth, when the trailer leaked I remember watching it on YouTube and the screams at her reveal were real and numerous

Also she placed 2nd and 3rd on a couple big popularity polls on /r/marvelstudios recently (thousands of votes)

Doesn't say much but it does say something

As for the GA though? No idea. I guess we'll see on May 6th

This explains better what I'm getting at. I'm not denying she's a big deal and a huge favorite towards the MCU fandom. But like from a casual/GA perspective? I mean maybe, but I don't think she's this ultra-super-popular character to people who just enjoy the individual pieces or whatever. I don't think kids dressed up like her for Halloween (not saying there weren't, don't worry). She seems more like a nice bonus and a cool baddie for the casuals than a main reason to check the film out. I doubt they would refuse to see Strange do some cool cosmic mumbo jumbo if Wanda wasn't in it. If anything, the evil Doctor Strange is a cooler hook for the casuals.

(though I will fully admit, Strange is my fave of the MCU right now, assuming Thor's done after Love and Thunder. So I am probably biased here, but it's not like this doesn't go the other way around)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eric Smith said:

I'll admit I went on a Saturday matinee showing, but I don't remember anybody losing their mind or cheering at the screen when Wanda popped up at the trailer. I'm not saying she's unpopular or anything, but you lot are acting as if she's bigger than Iron Man and that if she's not in every frame the movie will suffer and be doomed forever. Like chill.

I went 3 times on OW and she got a pretty big reaction each time.

That said, doing a

Spoiler

"bitches be crazy" storyline with Wanda like what happened with Dany was one of my main concerns with this movie. If that's what was reshot to do away with I wouldn't complain.

Never been a fan of Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch. Even before WandaVision, she’s always come across as morally questionable, and I don’t think the narrative has done an adequate job of acknowledging that. Also, I never bought her and Vision.

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

The thing with Wanda is that we've spent more time with her now than maybe anyone else. Episode 8 of Wandavision was a 40 minute dive exclusively into her trauma. There was a lot of time for people to become attached. And for all the complaints about the finale (a lot of which are completely legit) its decision to focus solely on Wanda was completely the right one, and I think people are coming around to that after Loki and Hawkeye sidelined their main characters quite a bit at the end.

I don't know how this all translates to the GA, but I do feel like people have genuinely connected to Wanda. It seems to go way further than 'I like this person and want to see more of him/her' - there's a real investment.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 4