kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

I expect a baseline of 80-85 on RT for Marvel movies now and I never doubt it could be higher.

Until I see like 3-4 marvel movies get eternal level reviews in a row (which I highly doubt is ever happening) I have no reason to doubt their movies being well received by critics. 

• Like 1

So I rewatched the first Dr. Strange earlier on Disney plus. It’s crazy that the movie is 6 years old. The first 20 or 30 minutes or so are great. Fine acting by Benedict and a fantastic trippy sequence across dimensions in the multiverse. I didn’t realize the movie was not 2 hours long. That makes me feel better about this movie’s run time because once the action starts in the original, it never lets up. It’s like 40 minutes straight of non stop action with the exception of the amazing astral scene between Strange and The Ancient One. The dialogue in that scene really hits at me as I’m frequently battling with myself on a mental level with my mortality. Fleeting moments that I try to stretch out to enjoy the snow lol. I didn’t see any snow in that scene though. I thought it was a thunder storm? Anyways the first Dr. Strange gets a lot of dislike around here in the years since it was released but I think the movie is very enjoyable and the effects are TOP tier MCU. The movie as a whole I would definitely rank closer to the middle of MCU instead of bottom like a lot of people do. I am so ready for Thursday showings!

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

So I rewatched the first Dr. Strange earlier on Disney plus. It’s crazy that the movie is 6 years old. The first 20 or 30 minutes or so are great. Fine acting by Benedict and a fantastic trippy sequence across dimensions in the multiverse. I didn’t realize the movie was not 2 hours long. That makes me feel better about this movie’s run time because once the action starts in the original, it never lets up. It’s like 40 minutes straight of non stop action with the exception of the amazing astral scene between Strange and The Ancient One. The dialogue in that scene really hits at me as I’m frequently battling with myself on a mental level with my mortality. Fleeting moments that I try to stretch out to enjoy the snow lol. I didn’t see any snow in that scene though. I thought it was a thunder storm? Anyways the first Dr. Strange gets a lot of dislike around here in the years since it was released but I think the movie is very enjoyable and the effects are TOP tier MCU. The movie as a whole I would definitely rank closer to the middle of MCU instead of bottom like a lot of people do. I am so ready for Thursday showings!

I will always vouch for Doctor Strange being one of the best MCU offerings. There's some annoying exposition dumps, but it's still got some of the most creative action and spectacle in the entire franchise, and the whole ensemble cast is aces.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 2:14 AM, Jeight said:

Except Wright didnt leave because of Feige either. He left cause of the creative committee and their notes. If people did some research, they would know that. Gunn almost quit gotg cauze of them, they wanted to remove the vintage soundtrack from GOTG

Yep. Even Feige almost quit Marvel because of the committee during the production of Civil War. That's what got Disney to break Marvel Studios off from Marvel Entertainment.

• Like 2

whoops got spoiled on something whoops.

anyway rewatched drag me to hell last night and looked up what alison lohman is up to and she's gone full redditor only tweets about three things, crypto, joe rogan and elon musk.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Guess my post was deleted. Dafuq ever, there wasn’t anything wrong with it.

For the record, there was a system glitch out of our control that deleted a bunch of posts that were made earlier this morning. I don’t know how or why it happened, but the staff didn’t hide or delete anything. Just saying this for clarification

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

whoops got spoiled on something whoops.

anyway rewatched drag me to hell last night and looked up what alison lohman is up to and she's gone full redditor only tweets about three things, crypto, joe rogan and elon musk.

Exact same thing happened to me a year ago.

'She was so good and cute. Where did she go?'

Turns out she married one of the Crank guys. Can only imagine what they talk about.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 1