kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

31 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Hawkeye sucks. Florence Pugh is about the only good thing about that show. How do you waste Jeremy Renner, Hailee Steinfeld, and Vincent D’onofrio? 

Vincent was useless in that show, he should have been deleted and be saved for Echo show but I don't know how on earth Hailee was wasted or even Hawkeye, it was a good human side of Clint and his struggles and Hailee was the best thing of the show, hell the only reason Yelena shined was thanks to Kate because her scenes with Hawkeye were not as good.

34 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

I think TG2 and JW will have a greater impact.

You are expecting Civi War legs but at the same time worried by the competitions 4 weeks later?

37 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

"Poor Dr strange" Don't act like its some "True" sequel to the OG DS like how people were acting NWH was just another run of the mill SOLO spidey movie. The MCU seems it has to add everyone and their grandmas in to these recent movies.

I'm not acting anything, you are the one forcing your opinions and trying to downplay everything depending how you feel, this is why the MCU exist, charaters will be appearing everywhere because it's the same 

And this movie is literally called "multiverse", it's like complaining about Spiderverse having many character.

You are not going to tell me in my face thant 400-500M domestic and possible 1B without China and Russia is bad in any sense.

54 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i never finished wandavision. think i watched like 4 episodes before tapping out not my thing. gonna watch the finale tomorrow just to prep for strange. good enough.

You should at least watch the last 2 episodes. The 8th one was the best anyway. And I imagine that one is also more important for the movie than the last.

3 minutes ago, Inuyaki said:

You should at least watch the last 2 episodes. The 8th one was the best anyway. And I imagine that one is also more important for the movie than the last.

Tbh I feel like you could watch 8 and 9 and pretty much have all the emotional context you need for this 

(This is a big issue I have with WV, without the mystery box the first 7ish episodes feel kinda pointless)

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i never finished wandavision. think i watched like 4 episodes before tapping out not my thing. gonna watch the finale tomorrow just to prep for strange. good enough.

Same, it was pretty bad. Sorry For Your Loss is the superior Elizabeth Olson show. 

• Knock It Off 2

1 hour ago, SupermanLego said:

The runtime was the biggest give away of the problems with this movie.

Yeah, any movie not two and half hours automatically sucks.

I understand the extensive reshoots being a  caouse for concern, but the idea that you predict a film's worth based on running time, is, well, just plain silly.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

I'm not trying to do fanboy wars, but DC's recent output has outscored Marvel's recent output

Really? How do you figure that?

In terms of popular sucess? In terms of Quality?

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

The reviews make it looks like a crowdpleaser. Bad script? Yes, but fun to watch. 

I'll be a bit surprised if even the audiences have a big problem with it to hurt the legs.

God knows some movies with bad scripts have been huge hits.

I

1 hour ago, SupermanLego said:

"Poor Dr strange" Don't act like its some "True" sequel to the OG DS like how people were acting NWH was just another run of the mill SOLO spidey movie. The MCU seems it has to add everyone and their grandmas in to these recent movies.

You're talking as if the other franchises don't do the same gimmick. The veteran actors are fine with it, Benedict himself said he has no plan to depart MCU, then why do we have to worry about it and criticize the thing they don't mind?

4 minutes ago, honeycookiez said:

You're talking as if the other franchises don't do the same gimmick. The veteran actors are fine with it, Benedict himself said he has no plan to depart MCU, then why do we have to worry about it and criticize the thing they don't mind?

CUmbenatch would be crazy to quite the MCU. it gives him huge paychecks, and he can afford to do the plays and small budget indies he loves so much.

34 minutes ago, dudalb said:

CUmbenatch would be crazy to quite the MCU. it gives him huge paychecks, and he can afford to do the plays and small budget indies he loves so much.

There are smaller, less famous actors who don't want to commit for a long time, for example, Anthony Mackie said he will only stay around for 10 years and we all know that they don't have a trilogy focusing on his character for the next 10 years, they have a lot of characters to introduce, which means Mackie will probably out of the picture soon. Paycheck is just a part of the reason but it's not the sole reason.

23 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Moderation: Guys we have threads for all the Disney+ shows. Discuss them there. Keep discussions here about and related to Doctor Strange. Derail and warnings will follow. 

Is wandavision pretty much required viewing for this?

Don't see the problem with discussing the disney+ shows here, especially since some of the movies success will depend on how much people connected with wanda vision and maybe loki

Discussing how a specific show might tie in with this movie and it’s potential reception/box office is on topic (though not much has been revealed so could be hard without spoilers!), but posts that just talking about shows in isolation or shows with zero connection  not so much

1 hour ago, honeycookiez said:

There are smaller, less famous actors who don't want to commit for a long time, for example, Anthony Mackie said he will only stay around for 10 years and we all know that they don't have a trilogy focusing on his character for the next 10 years, they have a lot of characters to introduce, which means Mackie will probably out of the picture soon. Paycheck is just a part of the reason but it's not the sole reason.

Tbh 10 years is a massive amount of time lol.

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

the real best Marvel show of the last few years is hit monkey. checked it out on Disney+ (i think it's hulu in the US) and got a big kick out of it.

YES!  I loved that show, and never heard of it til I did an MCU search on Hulu.  

Edit:  Oops, just saw the warning, so no more from me, except to say this show is like nothing you've seen in MCU or comics...it's nuts in a good way...

Edited by TwoMisfits