kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

Interestingly, in the recent interviews for MoM promotion, they also asked whether Cumberbatch would come back to the Sherlock show since it made him famous and gained a lot of fangirls, but he doesn't want to come back. On the other hand, Martin Freeman also said a similar thing (because some fanatic Sherlock fans pressured them into becoming a gay Sherlock couple and he didn't want it, so they dropped the show). So it's not like Cumberbatch is selling his soul for Marvel's money, if he feels uncomfortable with how they portray Dr. Strange and how his journey pans out, he can leave too.

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Is wandavision pretty much required viewing for this?

Don't see the problem with discussing the disney+ shows here, especially since some of the movies success will depend on how much people connected with wanda vision and maybe loki

Pretty much every post on the prior page is talking about Hawkeye for some reason which is not connected to this movie. 

People can discuss Wandavision and Loki in terms of how it connects to this movie (though remember no spoilers even under tags). But if you just want to critique and give your opinions on those shows then their respective threads serve a better purpose. That is why they are there. 

4 hours ago, SupermanLego said:

"Poor Dr strange" Don't act like its some "True" sequel to the OG DS like how people were acting NWH was just another run of the mill SOLO spidey movie. The MCU seems it has to add everyone and their grandmas in to these recent movies.

Who is the everyone and their grandmas? It’s just Wanda. People said it’s not a cameo fest like rumored.

4 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

People harped on and on about how amazing D'Onofrio was and then his role was that. I don't know how those people can even leave their homes after that. The absolute embarrassment.

He’s amazing on daredevil. They turned him into a cartoon on Hawkeye.

1 hour ago, Arian1010 said:

Interestingly, in the recent interviews for MoM promotion, they also asked whether Cumberbatch would come back to the Sherlock show since it made him famous and gained a lot of fangirls, but he doesn't want to come back. On the other hand, Martin Freeman also said a similar thing (because some fanatic Sherlock fans pressured them into becoming a gay Sherlock couple and he didn't want it, so they dropped the show). So it's not like Cumberbatch is selling his soul for Marvel's money, if he feels uncomfortable with how they portray Dr. Strange and how his journey pans out, he can leave too.

I don’t watch that but why did they let fans shipping them make them not want to play the character? This doesn’t make sense and I highly doubt it cause it seems kinda homophobic. Chris Evans doesn’t have any issue with his character being shipped with all males in the MCU.

1 hour ago, Arian1010 said:

Once his contract is up.......you can't just walk out if you are under contract  until your contract expires. 

16 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

He’s amazing on daredevil. They turned him into a cartoon on Hawkeye.

Well, to be fair, he had time to develop the charecter on Daredevil. He only had a few minutes of time on Hawkeye.

But D'Onofrio is an incredible actor. I remember him freaking me out as Private Pyle in "Full Metal Jacket".

Edited by dudalb

3 hours ago, Arian1010 said:

Sherlock is dead. Cumberbatch and Freeman didn't particularly care for each other, and their professional relationship deteriorated by season 4. Not to mention Freeman had to film season 4 with Amanda Abbington (John's wife Mary on Sherlock) with filming starting two weeks after they split romantically. On top of that, most fans would admit the writing stunk big time at the end. The actors aren't going to return, and I don't really feel like there is a clamoring for the show to return either.

Just got out. I was bored as hell. Yup, paper thin plot, meh acting, plastic CGI. Interesting visual choices. Still, I can't feel a thing. Ending was okay, save the whole thing from being unredeemably emotionless. It's so weird cuz I love DS1. 

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I don’t watch that but why did they let fans shipping them make them not want to play the character? This doesn’t make sense and I highly doubt it cause it seems kinda homophobic. Chris Evans doesn’t have any issue with his character being shipped with all males in the MCU.

Coz the Sherlock fanbase is toxic and accused the showrunner of being homophobic because he didn't make Holmes and Watson a gay couple. Stucky fans got nothing on them.

Edited by Spidey Freak

17 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Who is the everyone and their grandmas? It’s just Wanda. People said it’s not a cameo fest like rumored.

GA who don't follow reviews still think it's a cameo-fest and arguably Wanda herself is a bigger draw than Strange

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

GA who don't follow reviews still think it's a cameo-fest and arguably Wanda herself is a bigger draw than Strange

Using Grace is always the definitive proof.

The one that has been telling to all her followers for months about cameos that are not in the movie

Edited by Fox20

I’ve read the whole thread and have yet to see Grace’s reaction to the movie posted yet. I’m not going on Twitter and I’m not going on YouTube so I’m relying on you guys to share the gospel of our goddess.

9 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

1) Wanda is set up for something happening and DS fucked up in NWH, but it is kinda solved. For now.

2) It is only a fanbase of some strange YouTuber. So this might not be representative.

3) It's a short internet poll with just one question. What I mean with that, here are my answers to some questions:

Most interested to see: America Chavez, because I love her

Most interested what happens next: Wanda

Hoping for most screentime: Dr. Strange (and not because it's his movie, he is imo the anchor point of the plot that I expect)

12 hours ago, Fox20 said:

Using Grace is always the definitive proof.

I mean, it's a fan poll lol not something she is reporting. And it's not even close. Wanda literally wiping the floor with the doctor.

12 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I’ve read the whole thread and have yet to see Grace’s reaction to the movie posted yet. I’m not going on Twitter and I’m not going on YouTube so I’m relying on you guys to share the gospel of our goddess.

She lowkey hated it coz 

Spoiler

she says it completely ignores Wanda's character development in Wandavision and Wanda's relationship with Vision

but she didn't really have the balls to give it a rotten tomato either 😛 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Exactly look how no one gives a shit about strange in HIS own movie. Pathetic, can't believe cameos received a greater chunk of the votes.

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

Yeah, any movie not two and half hours automatically sucks.

I understand the extensive reshoots being a  caouse for concern, but the idea that you predict a film's worth based on running time, is, well, just plain silly.

An under 2hr movie with this type of premise causes concerns. No question, not just any movie.