kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Social media is freaking out because of the running time lol, some people are having a true meltdown

I saw that I was getting dragged through the mud for this other places than here.  

People are weird.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KnucklesXXR said:

If this movie was 10 minutes longer, I'd be happy. At 126 minutes though, it's not even worth seeing. In fact, I'm boycotting it! 

Agreed. How dare they? Im not paying my money for a movie that is only 126 minutes long. I could live with 130 minutes, 129 Minutes, 128 Minutes, 127 minutes - but 126 is just too low. Everyone knows a movie cant be good if its less than 127 minutes long. I though they teached Sam Raimi that at film school, guess he skipped the class!

• Astonished 2

On 4/1/2022 at 4:50 PM, wintersoldier2021 said:

The only way this movie is only2 hours and 6 minutes is if there isn't as many characters in it as we have been led to believe

On 4/1/2022 at 5:27 PM, wintersoldier2021 said:

We literally know every character that's in the movie

You're a funny cat.  Apparently you believe everything you read...except for runtimes.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

I saw that I was getting dragged through the mud for this other places than here.  

People are weird.

The Great Producer David Selznick said it best: A movie can be too long at 90 minutes, and too short at three hours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Interesting thing is there are many MCU movies under 2 hours including Thor 2.

And thank god for that.

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Raimi keeps it short and tight. His longest movie in Spidey trilogy was the worst as well. 

spider-man3-tobey-maguire.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

genuinely baffled like when did 126 minutes become a short running time? aren't most marvel movies around that? 

I think what’s going on is that this as perceived, by many, as the 7th “large cast crossover event movie” — after Avengers, CW, and NWH. Those have an avg runtime of 2hr 31 (though more like 2:26 excluding AEG). Also been a lot of long blockbusters recently outside the mcu like Batman and NTTD.

Edited by Eric Legion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Interesting thing is there are many MCU movies under 2 hours including Thor 2. This is fine. Raimi keeps it short and tight. His longest movie in Spidey trilogy was the worst as well. 

However until NWH, it was the third best live action Spider-Man film. Fr, though SM3 is solid but held back by too many arcs in so little time. The action though still holds up and is arguably better than most CBMs recently.

13 minutes ago, Eric Legion said:

I think what’s going on is that this as perceived, by many, as the 7th “large cast crossover event movie” — after Avengers, CW, and NWH. Those have an avg runtime of 2hr 31 (though more like 2:26 excluding AEG). Also been a lot of long blockbusters recently outside the mcu like Batman and NTTD.

Even with crossover event status, I do think trimming a few minutes wouldn’t hurt. Blockbusters have been too long recently.