WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates (pg 6): Rings 5.6M | Split 4.75M | Hidden Figures 3.1M | Dog 2.8M | LLL 2.3M | Space Between Us 1.4M

12 hours ago, Krissykins said:

If C- is an F, what about the films that get a D+, D or D- (like Drive) ?

My god, I don't know, that's a thing?! You can get a D on CinemaScore?! But movies like The Space Between Us get an A-, how do you manage a D? lol.

5 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

My god, I don't know, that's a thing?! You can get a D on CinemaScore?! But movies like The Space Between Us get an A-, how do you manage a D? lol.

CinemaScore just measures the audience that actually came out and paid to see something. Everyone who thought The Fault In Our Mars looked like crap and stayed home/saw something else isn't there to give it a grade, so the score shows kind of a fanboy/fangirl effect. Bad CinemaScores happen when people feel let down by a movie, because it wasn't what they expected or the trailers were misleading about the kind of movie it was (the bait and switch), or with horror, people hated the ending.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1

Yeah good point, I mean that's true of a lot of audience scores in general especially early on for smaller movies. If a representative sample of the entire population saw The Fault in Our Mars (lol) then it would probably be a C or D type of average but if it's just people who actually liked that godawful trailer then yeah they're more likely to enjoy the actual movie.

I saw Rogue One again, big surprise; it was annoyingly full. This particular showing I've went to two weeks in a row, the 4 pm showing, and last weekend it was 75-90 people. This time around smaller auditorium slightly but I would guess maybe 65-75 people. About 8 showed up really late and missed all of the previews plus 5 minutes of the movie lol. They were spread out in such a way that I got a kind of crap seat because I wasn't in the mood showing up late myself (don't like to see the previews 20-30 times lol even though it's unavoidable with the last few) to push past people into a middle seat and be sandwiched. So my favorite row but 2nd to furthest right seat... blah. 

Edited by JonathanLB
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Dead numbers. But I might or might not be making reports I'm gonna be out late tonight doing stuff so I might not get to bed till the morning possibly. But Rings make break-even with its production budget, but hopefully Paramount makes a high-score with Baywatch and Ghost In The Shell at tomorrow night's game. 

It will with Ghost in the Shell for sure. I'm still crossing fingers that Baywatch is as good as Jump Street movies.