Neo

The Great Wall | February 17, 2017 | Releasing in China in December

He's not much of one, really, outside of his established properties. Even his non-Bourne Greengrass collab flopped

The Martian had an appealing concept and he just had the perfect everyman persona to anchor it

Edited by tribefan695

I didn't know or expected to have monsters there. I thought it would be more of a historical drama. And Damon looks out of place.

But it's Yimou and the visuals look great.

It'll probably be huge in China and bomb domesticaly.

10 hours ago, Arlborn said:

This will definitely test how much of a draw Matt Daemon actually is. He's literally the only reason the American GA has for watching it.

He's also what one can easily imagine being a big source of backlash against this. I can already hear the press going after him for taking on a project in which China's savior is The White Man.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He's also what one can easily imagine being a big source of backlash against this. I can already hear the press going after him for taking on a project in which China's savior is The White Man.

Maybe he is not the saviour in the movie?

Straight up 

9 hours ago, vc2002 said:

Trailer looked awesome but of cause kinda weird to see Jason Bourne fighting monsters in ancient China.

This could break $500m in China alone.

Yup, there's a chance this makes $150m in the US and $450m in China.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

True, which would be weird tbh considering that the Chinese government seemed to be happy to get involved with this production.

A nice twist on that would be him dying right before the final fight and have the Chinese save the day.

I have no idea how I feel about that trailer...but regardless how I feel or you feel, we NEED this to be a hit.

We keep talking about sequelitis and the lack of original content, well we need stuff like this to breakout (stateside) to confirm to studios that audiences are getting sick of unnecessary sequels.

While it looks a bit like Warcraft 2.0, the concept is pretty cool and pretty original. We gotta support this.

That, and I want the Fort Knox spin off. "They say it's full of gold...but is it? What are they trying to keep in?"

KNOX. 2019.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 7

13 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

He's not much of one, really, outside of his established properties. Even his non-Bourne Greengrass collab flopped

The Martian had an appealing concept and he just had the perfect everyman persona to anchor it

This is pretty much true of every actor nowadays though. 

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

People don't really want "originality", they want "good movies". 

The problem is that a good movie for the people is different than a good movie for critics. Tarzan will end above Ghostbusters after a lower OW. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The problem is that a good movie for the people is different than a good movie for critics. Tarzan will end above Ghostbusters after a lower OW. 

They don't always correlate but they do the majority of the time. Point is I think most would take a well-reviewed sequel over a badly-reviewed original, given similar marketing budgets and target audiences

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

Just now, Rey said:

I also do not want whitewashing to fucking continue.

Like...ugh.

I don't know if it's whitewashing really. White savior trope more likely

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

Don't bash the critics, its that normal people are just easier to please. 

straight up my little sister and mom like almost every movie they watch. You can only tell by how they express the word good, but its always the same. 

The average person doesn't watch 150 new releases a year. If they did Im sure they might be a tad tougher too. 

Honestly critics are mostly* on point. I may not always agree but I always understand where they are coming from and I can't think of one major movie in the last 5 years that the RT score was way off I thought, personally. 

Its funny, every superhero movie you guys consider to be one of the "best" ever all have RT score above like 88 don't they? 

• Like 1