YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Enjoy it while is lasts, it's going to be a loooong march to Logan after this :(

Get Out could surprise at the end of the month

Fist Fight is the only comedy in February so who knows what that's going to do

7 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Logan is going to be weak too so don't get your hopes up.

Logan won't be "weak". It'll likely do Apocalypse numbers or slightly higher. But anyone who's thinking $200m+ for it is going to be pretty disappointed. 

Edited by Eevin

45 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

There needs to be a Lego Hogwarts Adventures  movie after this.

If they adapt the Cursed Child they should do it in Lego format. I could probably take the plot more seriously that way lol...

• Like 2

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Weak in terms of XMEN outside of Deadpool is dead right now. The GA is done with this franchise for now (obviously there are plenty of Wolverine diehards that will show up but not much outside of that).

It is going the Deadpool route of marketing itself as something different than your average comic book movie. It's been generating a lot of buzz because of that, even outside of a normal CBM audience. If anything, it could be the jumpstart the X-Men franchise needs. 

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

I guess that depends on how you define weak. Xmen is so stale right now.

Meaning it'll make a nice profit. Something like $160m domestic and $400m-$450m worldwide would be great on a $127m budget. But yes, outside of the self-satirizing parodies, there's not much going for the X-Men franchise right now.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Meaning it'll make a nice profit. Something like $160m domestic and $400m-$450m worldwide would be great on a $127m budget. But yes, outside of the self-satirizing parodies, there's not much going for the X-Men franchise right now.

I like those numbers. And agree with them also

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Looks like $75M for LEGO Batman, $45M for Fifty Shades, and $25M for John Wick for the weekend. Nearly $150M right there. The kick that the box office needed.

Those numbers would be great for my predictions in the winter game. 

I think Logan might probably finish under 55 OW and Kong could finish under 30. Who cares about these franchises anymore? Feels like internet hype is out of proportion. I also think BATB might hit 150 OW and Power Rangers could overperform and hit 40, so my March predictions are a little out of whack. 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think Logan might probably finish under 55 OW and Kong could finish under 30. Who cares about these franchises anymore? Feels like internet hype is out of proportion. I also think BATB might hit 150 OW and Power Rangers could overperform and hit 40, so my March predictions are a little out of whack. 

Even online, Logan is not putting up the trailer view numbers expected of a major breakout. Maybe it gets shining reviews and manages to overperform.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Even online, Logan is not putting up the trailer view numbers expected of a major breakout. Maybe it gets shining reviews and manages to overperform.

If it does over The Wolverine numbers, I think Fox will be happy.