DAJK

Weekend Estimates: Kong 61M, Logan 37.8M, Get Out 21M, Shack 10M, Lego Batman 7.8M

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Where are the dudebros when you need them ?

Logan was supposed to be Da new Dark Knight of Superhero movies and get past 250m dom pretty easily.

Some dudebros still get afraid at night when graphic violence has meaning and consequence it seems.

Unless those early numbers are significantly off, Logan looks to have legs closer to Origins than The Wolverine.

40 minutes ago, the128boy said:

Would it for sure show closed now? I didn't see it in the theater counts. Maybe Open Road just hasn't given notification it's done?

Maybe they haven't given notice but usually mojo is up to date. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Where are the dudebros when you need them ?

Logan was supposed to be Da new Dark Knight of Superhero movies and get past 250m dom pretty easily.

Some dudebros still get afraid at night when graphic violence has meaning and consequence it seems.

There are hundreds of classic films that never became pop culture phenomenons. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It also comes after one horrible and then one mediocre Wolverine movie.  The reviews got back most of the audience from the first one but it's not a series that has built a lot of new young fans over the last decade and it's not a film that's going to appeal to a more family friendly audience or encourage the kind of repeat audience a fun (not funny just fun - there's a difference) movie gets.

The X-Men series wasn't Spider-man a or Batman big when it started but the first 3, especially 2 & 3 were pretty big.  But then X-Men Last Stand and Wolverine happened and it just killed the momentum of that series and left a bad taste in a lot of mouths while at the same time Nolan's Batman was coming out and the MCU was getting started.   First Class was return to respectability but not big box office.  DOFP with the hook of the returning cast and the better quality was able to turn it around and near those peaks again and even do better WW with the expanding market but with APOC that looks very much like a one off.  This core set of character have now been on screen for 17 years  - in two different iterations the second of which has just not been as popular as the first.  Fox with Deadpool has finally started to expand the brand a successful  future probably mean new rather than already used X-Men characters.

I think the X-Men movies just aren't as accessible as Spiderman, MCU, or DCU.  I think its because the X-Men movies, the Bryan Singer movies at least, were ensembles that had a fairly serious tone with pretty obvious themes of marginalization/persecution and weren't just about a single well known comic book hero in a famous recognizable costume like Spiderman or Batman saving the day.  And I'm not stanning for X-Men or anything like that, the only X-Men movie before Logan that I'd call great or close to it is X2.  I like Deadpool a lot but I hardly consider that an X-Men movie.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

There are hundreds of classic films that never became pop culture phenomenons. 

No need to reply to him. Still in meltdown mode because someone dared besmirch Lord God King Disneys name last week. 

• Like 2

So I know this is completely random but I'm over the moon right now because I officially believe in karma now. Just last week a teammate of mine's mom passed away from cancer and she's one of six kids. Their father isn't really present so there's a fund for the younger kids for college. I donated $500 and at the time my mom told me that I need to be smarter with my money because I don't make much and I'll be starting medical school in the fall. Well I serve on the weekends so I can save up for medical school and today one of my tables left me $500 on a $100 check. I can't believe it. I'm just in shock. It's the same amount too. I'm considering donating it as well. 

• Like 30

33 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Logan has made 305 million worldwide, so far.

Overseas numbers are at 190 million, and haven't been updated since March 7th. I guess the movie might be at almost 500 million worldwide by the end of this weekend. I say 460-470 million. 

I think it'll be at about 450 through Sunday.  Deadpool did 132.3 for it's opening frame (wed-sun), then it did another 124.2 for the next 7 days overseas.  Suicide Squad opened with 133.3, and then another 110.1 for the next 7 days. A similar ratio puts Logan between 280 and 300 through Sunday overseas, plus 150 domestic = 430 to 450.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

So I know this is completely random but I'm over the moon right now because I officially believe in karma now. Just last week a teammate of mine's mom passed away from cancer and she's one of six kids. Their father isn't really present so there's a fund for the younger kids for college. I donated $500 and at the time my mom told me that I need to be smarter with my money because I don't make much and I'll be starting medical school in the fall. Well I serve on the weekends so I can save up for medical school and today one of my tables left me $500 on a $100 check. I can't believe it. I'm just in shock. It's the same amount too. I'm considering donating it as well. 

You're an amazingly good dude. 

• Like 18