grim22

Skyscraper | July 13 2018 | Legendary | Rawson Marshall Thurber directing. The Rock. China co-production, set in China.

5 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Looks nothing like Breaking In. Although it does have actors playing characters. So yeah, I guess it is identical to Breaking In... 

In Breaking In, Gabrielle Union has to break into a house.

In Skyscraper, The Rock has to break into a SKYSCRAPER FROM A GODDAMN CRANE

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

In Breaking In, Gabrielle Union has to break into a house.

In Skyscraper, The Rock has to break into a SKYSCRAPER FROM A GODDAMN CRANE

Which means it's nothing alike.  :) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This looks like pure summer action fun. Die Hard with The Rock and a family angle - whoever thought this up deserves a raise.

Reminds me of old-school thrill-a-minute action films from summers past like Die Hard, Twister, Speed, Aliens, et al.

6 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, that trailer makes this look like it could do quite well. Definitely better than Rampage. Actually seems like it could be pretty decent too. 

Rampage opened around 35m in its OW. Anything more or equal to the opening of rampage should be a good start!

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

with summer and not as much competition, that type of opening can equal a 100m gross

Yea it should. I hope the budget is around 60-70m and not more than that ! Rampage budget was 120m but no way this should be more than jumanji (90m)

TBH, I'm kinda growing tired of the Rock's method of "what you see is what you get" type of moviemaking without any surprises. I guess it's just me preferring surprises in movies, but the Rock seems against surprises for whatever reason. Did he have a surprise birthday gone horribly wrong or something?

13 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

TBH, I'm kinda growing tired of the Rock's method of "what you see is what you get" type of moviemaking without any surprises. I guess it's just me preferring surprises in movies, but the Rock seems against surprises for whatever reason. Did he have a surprise birthday gone horribly wrong or something?

The surprise comes when it makes 400m domestic for some reason. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 6:32 PM, Jay Beezy said:

How many big movie stars do movies that are not crowd-pleasing, non-threatening films that deliver just what they promise? That's exactly how most stars become stars. The moment they start making vanity projects full of "artistic integrity" and "depth," audiences start looking the other way...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StevenG said:

How many big movie stars do movies that are not crowd-pleasing, non-threatening films that deliver just what they promise? That's exactly how most stars become stars. The moment they start making vanity projects full of "artistic integrity" and "depth," audiences start looking the other way...

There’s nothing that says crowd pleasing and creative integrity are mutually exclusive. You excel more when you have movies that deliver *more* than what’s expected. Jumanji was a massive crowd pleaser that had creative integrity.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

It's getting totally outclassed in the promotion departments, by competitors Ant Man 2 and Equalizer 2. Marvel is running tv spots that make its movie appear more fun, and Equalizer is doing a funny promo, where NBA players audition to star as the Equalizer.